Favorite commercial airline you've flown with

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Mines Swiss air, was an absolute pleasure to fly with them, very helpful and polite and was overall one of the best flights I've been on (flown Delta, United, AA, Southwest, And a few others )... Oh and at the end of the flight they gave you chocolate :)

None. They all suck. I literally have over 3/4 million frequent flier miles and I refuse to use them. The experience is worse than the destination. May they all go out of business. Meh.

Still haven't found any to beat Air New Zealand, but that might just be a bit of bias..

IcelandAir are pretty good.

Worst? Southwest (and that was only a short hop between LA and Vegas..) or Air Niugini...

Air Canada, 1977, 1st class 747, 10 x 50¢ vouchers for canned beer across the Atlantic from London to Toronto. Got the heave-ho in Toronto and had to spend the rest of the flight to Vancouver downstairs with the 2nd class cattle and no beer.

Geo

Easy Jet. Cheap, cheerful and no frills for Europe flights.

British Airways. The worse ever, they made our family holiday flights to Zurich a misery with over booking the flight and lost baggage. Never again.

Internationally I've had good flights with United and Delta, but then again I was flying business class.

Domestically Delta sucks as does American IMO. United just marginally better.

Air Canada - always enjoyed them.

ANA (All Nippon Airways) Between Osaka and Okinawa - good service but they cattle load their planes like Southwest.

Piedmont Airlines in the 1980s - flew them all the time between Montreal and Buffalo, good service and friendly (and good looking) stewardesses :love4:

These days I like Frontier - Easy access when I fly out of Denver and their prices are reasonable.

Had good memories of flights with Hughes Air West and PSA...both long gone now...

Can't complain about domestic flights with American Airlines or United, but I wasn't impressed with Alitalia when I went overseas. On the otherhand, Bulgaria Air was a nice flight to and from Sophia (and they gave us chocolates, too) :lol:

Wait what? They had planes in the 1400's?
:scratch:

"Dear Homeland Security [and the NSA since you guys are reading this anyway] - There is a terrorist trying to sneak into this country going by the name of Harrison. He's a master of disguises so don't let him fool you. He's actually a 67 year old man with one leg."

I've been lucky in flights, well I'm still breathing, anyhow,
The best I've flown with since I was 12 up to 2007 16 years later are...

Swissair/Crossair Finnair great food, service and near un-serious-troubled safety maintenance records too.

I hear what peeps say about Delta American Airlines, and yep they're chock-a-block inside, though, they're not the best, but nor the worst, but at least when I was flying in 'em, (across the Atlantic and also between Atlanta and Miami) they didn't split open, fail or go wrong like a Delta seems to do every 5 or so years on average.

British Airways tend to have the longest airport waiting around times next to Easyjet, but then I've never had to transfer or be involved with a French traffic controllers strike either or been delayed for more than 3 hours either.

*I can add that Easyjet, generally have the wittiest, most humourous or just plain on the edge of being too rude banter and safety talks of any airline I have ever had the pleasure or misfortune to fly - some of the lines the staff say, for instance about the smokers can go outside if 'you' need a gasper or veiled references to occasional crew shenanigens...

Last edited:
Flew 1st class many times with Pan Am because of my dad,was amazing,once flew over in a 1st class stewardess chair,I was a kid and they fawned over me. Worst was Delta for me. More so due to 3 aborted take offs at DIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back