Favourite WW2 Movie (1 Viewer)

Which is your favorite WW2 movie?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Danielmellbin

Airman 1st Class
Jun 22, 2008
So what is your choice? Mine is "Der Untergang". Sorry in advance for all the titles I have not mentioned.

My Number 1 favourite "Saving Private Ryan" in the 'more recent category'

and going back a few years.... "Where Eagles Dare" although the Dirty Dozen rates up there as well....

Juha sent a link sometime of some war movies from finland, they looked very realistic.

I liked "Das Boat" and "Cross of Iron" (cant forget the line "come and i will show you where the iron crosses grow"

Had to vote for Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. I caught myself just staring at the screen drop jawed watching Schindler's list. Quite a powerful story and I don't know of a movie that more graphically showed the hatred towards the Jews.

Ryan was just a fantastic movie, both story wise and visually.

Not on the list, but my favorite WW II movies that were made during the war.

Wake Island
Bataan
Guadalcanal Diary
The Purple Heart
Wing and a Prayer

TO

I did like Saving Private Ryan other than the ending with the battle in the destroyed city it was a great movie.
I would say my favorite would be Band of Brothers.

Worst movie, and I'm sure you would agree is Pearl Harbor. Whomever casted Alec Baldwin as Gen. Doolittle should be flogged repeatedly. P-40 vs. Zero in city square was pure Hollywood junk. Two main "actors" were terrible as well. At least they got the name of the place the battle took place correct!

I almost got up and walked out of the Theatre when Mr. Baldwin was shown as Jimmy Doolittle. Wish I had as I wasted another hour or so of my life choking down the rest of the movie.

My favs that I can think of right now are:

Das Boot
The Longest Day
Der Untergang
Stalingrad
The Eagle Has Landed (Go figure, look at my screen name)
Tora Tora Tora
Battle of Britain

I am sure there are a bunch more that I really really like, I just can not think of them at the moment.

What I do know is that the worst are:

Pearl Harbor
U-571 (entertaining but it ruins the real story)

How come you forgot the greatest one??? The Dam Busters!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• phpavE9axAM.jpg
    phpavE9axAM.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 177
Das Boot is by far the greatest war movie ever made in my opinion.

To me it is the only movie that has been able to recreat with realism the lives and emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back