Ferry pilot (1941 film) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
This is a 1941 movie about the ferry pilots. It is a sample of the movie..
the total movie is 895 megs and it is for 1:30 min. .avi

Sunny

Attachments

• vlcsnap-1608018.png
    vlcsnap-1608018.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 351
  • vlcsnap-1608057.png
    vlcsnap-1608057.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 357
  • Ferry.Pilot.mpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 111
  • Ferry.Pilot2.wmv
    34.1 MB · Views: 246
Watched it today, has it's moments but how did they survive the war with all that pipe-smoking. Some jiggery pokery as they interweave stock footage of BB vintage with gals and chaps pretending to gawp at Spitfires etc zooming about. There's one puzzling sequence where a Spitfire zooms around in the kind of manner that sprog in the BoB movie got caned for. It emits puffs of dirty smoke every now and again then he comes back down and goes straight into an inverted pass, thought he was about to do a bunt but rolled out of it. Nice footage of Wimpeys, a Hurri with ferry tanks, various Spits, Ansons, Hudson (?). Then this guy gets into a Whitley after telling this other chap he'd never flown one before... almost believable.

Watched it today, has it's moments but how did they survive the war with all that pipe-smoking. Some jiggery pokery as they interweave stock footage of BB vintage with gals and chaps pretending to gawp at Spitfires etc zooming about. There's one puzzling sequence where a Spitfire zooms around in the kind of manner that sprog in the BoB movie got caned for. It emits puffs of dirty smoke every now and again then he comes back down and goes straight into an inverted pass, thought he was about to do a bunt but rolled out of it. Nice footage of Wimpeys, a Hurri with ferry tanks, various Spits, Ansons, Hudson (?). Then this guy gets into a Whitley after telling this other chap he'd never flown one before... almost believable.

Royzee617,
The scene of which you speak with the Spitfire zooming around, etc., is actual footage of Alex Henshaw, Supermarines Chief Test Pilot putting on one of his displays which were usually for dignitaries, etc. during the war. He gives a good account of those displays in his book, "Sigh for a Merlin" which is quite a good read. Sometimes I wonder how he survived his occupation!

There's a documentary about the women ferry pilots in GB during the war and one of the ladies mentioned flying a new type for the first time. She said that all they did was sit in the plane with the manual to get things figured out and then off they went, manual in hand.
There were many brave [and adventurous] women on both sides of the Atlantic that ferried everything from trainers to bombers and some lost their lives doing it.

They has a book called the Ferry Pilots Notes described as a blue pocket book with notes on all the aircraft they flew .The one book had all the notes on the various aircraft from start up to shut down

I have the full movie, I will post later..

Sunny

Last edited:
I have the full movie, It is in 10 parts, each part can be view..

Sunny

Attachments

• Ferry.Pilot_clip01.avi
    60.6 MB · Views: 504
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip02.avi
    60.7 MB · Views: 322
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip03.avi
    60.5 MB · Views: 288
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip05.avi
    60.3 MB · Views: 171
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip04.avi
    60.4 MB · Views: 279
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip06.avi
    60.3 MB · Views: 282
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip07.avi
    60.4 MB · Views: 307
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip08.avi
    60.4 MB · Views: 287
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip09.avi
    60.5 MB · Views: 292
  • Ferry.Pilot_clip10.avi
    51.1 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Sonny91

I don't have this movie(s) , but if it is the one I have seen my cousin is in it. He is called 'Alabam'. He was a Ferry Pilot in WWII even though he was from Alabama. May I ask, is the movie available. If so, where do I get the movie?

Thank you for you time.

KM4MM

Thanks for posting the clips Sunny, but there seems to be a couple missing from the end ? :cry:

The film I have it is 895 Megs and is around 1H14 Min. I check it maybe at the end it seem to be not
correct. I saw somewhere that it is 1H.20Min but the one I have is lower..

Sunny

The film I have it is 895 Megs and is around 1H14 Min. I check it maybe at the end it seem to be not
correct. I saw somewhere that it is 1H.20Min but the one I have is lower..

Sunny

Hi Sunny
With all the clips joined up I get 607mB and 1hr 15:12 duration ?

The file I have is total 895 Megs . And the playing time is 1Hre,14:30Sec.

I upload the final and I started the clip at 1Hre,31:00 and it is during 03:27:00.

I hope it will help you??

Sunny

Attachments

• Ferry.Pilot.Xvid.AC3_1_clip1_clip0.avi
    49.7 MB · Views: 119
The file I have is total 895 Megs . And the playing time is 1Hre,14:30Sec.

I upload the final and I started the clip at 1Hre,31:00 and it is during 03:27:00.

I hope it will help you??

Sunny

Thanks again for Your Help Sunny, the new clip actually ends a few seconds shorter than the last part of the original post !..Seems Your version is missing the end of the Film also !

But again many thanks for trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back