Fiat CR.32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
Classic Airframes 1/48 kit, not without its challenges but a nice kit nonetheless. Chris Busbridge decals depicting the personal plane of colonnello Grandinetti, commander of 4˚ stormo.

CR32_01s.jpg

CR32_02s.jpg

CR32_09s.jpg

I don't know how you do it Migrant, your finished models always look so perfect! I can never get the evenness you get when darkening your panel lines. and how do you light the models when taking pictures?

Thanks for your comments guys :)

Can't say I'm a 'fan' of Italian aircraft generally, but that's a beaut model. Have I seen that in a modelling magazine not long ago?

Thanks Airframes. I don't know much about Italian aircraft but I can appreciate their aesthetics, I think the CR.32 is quite an attractive little bipe. I did a full build article on this model for Model Airplane International a couple of years ago.

Ah! Thought I'd seen it before - hadn't realised it was so long ago though! How tempus really fugits!!!

Thanks for your comments guys :)

Thanks Airframes. I don't know much about Italian aircraft but I can appreciate their aesthetics... Model Airplane International a couple of years ago.

If the Messerschmitt 109 was universally praised during the Spanish War, it tranpired both from respublican, soviet and franquist pilots and sources that Fiat CR-32 maid the job!

Italians and franquists had 295 + 703/903* confirmed claims mainly with this plane; and 314 for the Legion Condor.
On the opposite side there were no more that 800 planes, 648 of them delivered from SU. But it's another subject...

* depends on sources

Nice work!!!

Brilliant job! I've always liked the Chirri. If I'm not mistaken, it shot down more airplanes between the wars than any other plane (mostly during the Spanish Civil War).

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back