Fieseler Fi 103, V1 Dampferzeuger (ramp catapult)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not sure if this is the correct place, but can anyone help me finding drawings of the ramp catapult for the V1, it is also called Dampferzeuger, Walter-Schleuder or 'Kinderwagen'. And I am searching for drawings of the starter device (Anlass Anlage) which is placed at the side of the V1 if placed on its ramp and ready to start.
I am planning to build a model of a V1 ready to start. There is quite a usable kit from Modelcollect but there is no ramp catapult or starter device included and I will have to scratch build these two important devices myself.

I cannot read German so I am only guessing but Teil 6 may be part of what you are seeking. The other attachment, more archaeological than technical, may point you to other sources. For the books listed try bookfinder.com

Attachments

• FZG 76 Teil 6.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 224
  • V1_sites_rgd.pdf
    38.4 MB · Views: 244
PM sent

1ab.jpg

I cannot read German so I am only guessing but Teil 6 may be part of what you are seeking. The other attachment, more archaeological than technical, may point you to other sources. For the books listed try bookfinder.com
Thanxs MiTasol,
I know of the first document (and I can read it) but the second one is new to me. I will follow the mentioned book section.
However there is nowhere a drawing with the dimensions of the steam generator. But I will come closer to what I am searching for step-by-step.
Thank you

I have a taken a set of pictures of the V1 launcher at Duxford many years ago, which is shown on the first pages of the second document above. I also attached another one, which origin I can't trace anymore. Maybe that helps?

Attachments

• 279867_9A_150.jpg
    279867_9A_150.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 279867_10A_150.jpg
    279867_10A_150.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 279867_11A_150.jpg
    279867_11A_150.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 99
  • v1dampf.jpg
    v1dampf.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 279867_12A_150.jpg
    279867_12A_150.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 156
I've been in contact with a French historian (Yannick Delefosse), he sent drawings of the two devices and now I could scratch build the Dampferzeuger (steam generator) and the Anlassgerät (starting device).
Eventually I put all the things together on a diorama.
Here you see a comparison of the kit as is comes and what I have in mind it should look like:
IMG_2378s.JPG V1 sitting on the ramp, piston mounted at the end (as often shown today)
IMG_6441s.JPG V1 sitting ready to start; steam generator attached, starting device on the left ramp fixed on a concrete base
IMG_2378s.JPG
IMG_6441s.JPG

That sounds like a good plan to start with. Though I would not cut away the barrel and the triangular structure (as shown on the second picure of the model) as they are correct.
The top part of the triangular structure still can be seen on my pictures of the left hand side of the starter assembly.
Also there is a large tubular section open at the rear end of the sliding rail where obviously a large barrel seems to be missing. For me the center piece of the "Dampfgenerator", the steam collector, is missing where the pressure is built up and then released by a vent to drive the slide forward. In my opinion the starter system in Duxford is missing this tubular element.
The triangular structure takes up the forces of the steam generator so that it stays attached to the slide rail when the vent of the pressure barrel is opened to drive the slide.
Although it is in German, I attached a detailed description of the starter rail as I see that you're from Switzerland ;). Its from the book "Peenemünde West" written by Botho Stüwe.

Attachments

• Starter.jpg
    Starter.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Slide.jpg
    Slide.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 164
  • v1_starter_peenemünde.pdf
    18 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back