Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Tunisia

• Saudi Arabia

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Here I start a discussion room + poll for the upcoming FIFA World Cup that will be held in Germany in June 2006.

Feel free to discuss here and as well, feel free to vote in the poll! :D

Official website: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/

The official mascot of the tournament, Goleo.

Attachments

• 1911763761.jpg
    1911763761.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 603
Czech and France are my european favourites. I believe France is better in the moment. Wonder why you overestimate Germany- If they reach the quarter finals they can be lucky...hard to think about
I suspect that Brazil will fail this time, probably the best team around now but it is hard to defend a title and ubelievable hard to defend it twice...

good lord the aussies are joint first in the poll :shock: and the Czechs don't stand a chance, it'll be one of the major players, France, Brazil or Germany, although Italy have a small chance, England wont make it any further than the quarters.........

I think Germany will win it. They are a much better team than they were in the 2002 World Cup and they made it to the finals against Brazil and put on a good game against them. Besides Klinssman is doing a great job with the team and they are filled with youth that want the victory. I think they will surprise the world, just like they did a few weeks ago when they beat the USA 4-1 in Germany.

Brazil is falling apart. Yes they are a good team but they rely too much on individiual strenght and not team unity. They are getting old and they are hurt easily. In the end I think they will suprise the world by being eliminated early.

My guess for a World Cup final will be Germany 3 - Czech 2

Well nobody knows.... I remember that in 2004 EU Championship Czechs won all games and in the quarter finals those shjitty playing Greeks beat them...

Or remember Korea and Senegal at WCS 2002.

I know crap all about football, though I find the world cup mildly interesting as I can relate to countries more than commercial teams. Australia are lucky to be there and have no chance of winning, that I am sure of, I still remember when they lost to Iran despite having a huge lead of like 3 goals.
They are in the same group with Brazil and Croatia who will be the two progressing out of that lot I think.

I would probably rate Brazil to win, you can never discount them, Germany also as they have home ground advantage and tend to usually do ok.

UK won't win but will probably do ok, Italy I'll rate about the same, two countries who never seem to do quite as well as they should.

No idea about the other teams, I'll leave the real predictions to more knowledgable people.

I'm really looking forward to the championship, that would be trully a feast.
Adler are you planning to go over there?

BTW, here is something that maybe should fir more into the Politics section but whatever....
ROME (AFP) - The World Cup in Germany is set to become a battleground between facists and Muslims, an Italian member of a new European neo-Nazi movement warned.

In a statement published by Italian daily Repubblica, the memeber of AS Roma's notorious ultras hooligan group claims neo-Nazis across Europe met in Braunau in Austria to plan attacks against supporters from Islamic countries during the World Cup in Germany from June 9 to July 9.

"We are united. For the first time we are talking and planning together, with the English, the Germans, the Dutch, the Spanish, everyone with the same objective. At the World Cup there will be a massacre," said the Italian ultra.

"We will all be in Germany and there will be Turks, Algerians and Tunisians. The Turks, we can't stand them. In our country (Italy) there are not many, but in Germany, there are many of those guys there. They are Islamic terrorists.

"We will attack them. They are all enemies that need to be eliminated, just like the police. If we make the Roman greeting (the fascist salute) they put us in prison. We will be tens of thousands. Nothing but the English are feared."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060321/sp_wl_afp/fblwc2006itagernazi_060321154626

Pisis I live about 30 minutes from one of the World Cup Stadiums. I am actually fortunate eneogh to be working at the Stuttgart, Stadium during the World Cup. Will be neat to be down on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back