Finish copy of the DH "Mosquito"

flypaper2222

Senior Airman
693
2,468
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Location
NY-USA
Ashampoo_Snap_2025.11.23_14h56m16s_006_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2025.11.23_14h54m49s_004_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2025.11.23_14h54m15s_003_.jpg
 
What is your reference for all this? I am searching for VL Vihuri, and I am finding stuff on a post-war single-engined trainer. I am finding literature on a pre-war 415mph unarmed twin-engined bomber called the Wihuri, on alternatehistory.com, but, um, it is alternate history. Real Mosquitos did not do 415mph until they got two-stage supercharger Merlins, and they climbed to 28000ft.
 
Hi
The actual Valmet Vihuri from 'The Aircraft of the World' by Green & Pollinger, page 69, 1953:
Scan_20251129.jpg

Mike
 
What is your reference for all this? I am searching for VL Vihuri, and I am finding stuff on a post-war single-engined trainer. I am finding literature on a pre-war 415mph unarmed twin-engined bomber called the Wihuri, on alternatehistory.com, but, um, it is alternate history. Real Mosquitos did not do 415mph until they got two-stage supercharger Merlins, and they climbed to 28000ft.

reference for it? the name of this Fourm is Aviation WWII, "What If"
 
Last edited:
As the Mosquito-Vihuri was cancelled, the Vihuri name was reused postwar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back