**** FINISHED: 1/48 Beechcraft UC-43 Staggerwing - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Category, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Roden
Model type, Beechcraft UC-43
Aftermarket, Scratched seat belts.

Just want to say thanks for the time, We had to put our daughter back in the hospital this morning, the Doctors are monitoring her and the baby, and might take her (the baby) early if things don't improve. So it has been a hectic day.
On to the Staggerwing.
As you all know, I not just broke the windshield, but shattered it. Through the good offices of Charles a replacement shield arrived and I proceeded.
I am not overly impressed with Roden's parts fit, and when I build the other one, (when a new windshield shows up for it), I will go about it differently. Live and learn.
Anyways, my thanks to Charles, and all of you guys for your support.
stag16.jpg

stag17.jpg

stag18.jpg

stag19.jpg

stag20.jpg

stag21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was worth the wait Paul and I do like sparkling wind screen.

Modelling aside, Hil and my thoughts are with you and the family, especially your daughter and the baby. It's not going to be an easy ride for any of you but we do hope it all works out in the end.

Echo the above. Glad you were able to finish this build and, more importantly, best wishes for a happy outcome to you an your family.

Thank you, Vic and Andy, My wife Frances is with her, I have to work in the morning, they have asked me to pull a double shift. Frances has worked for the same company for 15 years so she can get the time off. We are all hoping for the best.

Looks very good, Paul. Was just glad I was able to help. As an aside.... it sure would look good on floats !!

Out thoughts good wishes are with your family during this trying time.

Charles

They decided to take the baby this morning
3 pounds 11 ounces, on a breathing machine, but doing well.
Thanks for the good wishes, guys!

Oh my………..Number seven ah, you'll know the routine then. My daughter was only a small premature baby not much heavier and you should see her now, a strapping six footer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back