**** FINISHED: 1/48 Corsair IV - Pacific Theater of Operations II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Extras: Eduard Interior PE, Ultracast F4U seat with British harness, Aeromaster Decals, CMK Front Wheels, Model Design Construction Side Scoops. Scratch built bottom vent.

The subject of this build is Lt. Robert Hampton Gray, VC, DSC. He was the last Canadian to be awarded the Victoria Cross, for the sinking of a Japanese ship.

A thanks to Andy for his prop, and to Geo and others for their very helpful research in trying to nail down the details of this aircraft.

The picture from behind was me taking it at a wonky angle, I goofed up the angle just a hair, but I'm out of sun!

DSC_0048_zps3a2976ff.jpg

DSC_0049_zpsd67de472.jpg

DSC_0050_zps67f34376.jpg

DSC_0060_zpsb8c30bf7.jpg

DSC_0052_zps2d6c6336.jpg

DSC_0053_zps381b5e40.jpg

Extras:

DSC_0056_zps02f24ae4.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsd5a361ef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a good job on that Cory. I missed it but did you get some aftermarket flaps or did you modify the Tamiya ones so they could be retracted? Retracted is more true to life but I chose to model mine deployed as I like the look.

Thanks gents!

Did a good job on that Cory. I missed it but did you get some aftermarket flaps or did you modify the Tamiya ones so they could be retracted? Retracted is more true to life but I chose to model mine deployed as I like the look.

They're the kit flaps. All that's required is to remove the spars that go into the wings and some strategic sanding. I think it may be more difficult if I had had the wings down. I usually like the look of the flaps down too, but having built a million Corsairs I figured I'd give it a try since it seems to be more accurate, at least for FAA Corsairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back