**** FINISHED: 1/48 F-80c "Li-do-bee "- Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username- Meatloaf109
Name- Paul
Catagory- Intermediate
Manufaturer- Monogram
Kit- Lockheed F-80
Scale- 1/48
Accessories- I hadn't intented to at first, but it got some aluminium foil panels.
This is my first entry into my first online group build, The lucky 13th! Yay!
I finally got the name of this bird right, it IS "Lid-do-bee" named after the Col's three daughters.
This was an experiment that turned out well, I am very pleased with the foil, and will be covering the P-35 much the same.
One thing I learned was that the foil's non shiny side is indistinguishable from the silver paint! There are panels done that way in every shot.
Really!
I also should mention that I have no idea why the shots seem to be in different light, I did them all at the same time without moving my fat arse.
#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#4.jpg
#5.jpg
#6.jpg
#7.jpg
#8.jpg
#9.jpg

On to the P-35!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed Paul.
The variations in colour temperature of the lighting are possibly due to the camera's metering/white balance system - they sometimes have a brain fart - and this can happen during the first depression of the shutter button, when the focus and exposure are set on the 'Auto' or 'Normal' setting. I have at least two shots taken last week, from exactly the same angles, where one had a 'warm' cast, and slightly soft focus, but the second was spot on.

Very nice indeed Paul.
The variations in colour temperature of the lighting are possibly due to the camera's metering/white balance system - they sometimes have a brain fart - and this can happen during the first depression of the shutter button, when the focus and exposure are set on the 'Auto' or 'Normal' setting. I have at least two shots taken last week, from exactly the same angles, where one had a 'warm' cast, and slightly soft focus, but the second was spot on.
Ah Ha, So it WAS a Zombie curse reflecting off a flight of migrating geese flying through swamp gas while Venus was low on the horizon!

Last edited:
Nice work Paul i would like to try the foiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back