**** FINISHED: 1/48 HH-60H HS-4 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User Name : N4521U
Category : Somewhere lost in the middle
Entry : HH-60H of HS-4 North Island CA / CAG...
Kit : 1/48 Italeri
Accessories : Eduard exterior package and masks. Aftermarket decals and custom made decals. Plenty of scratch building.

Them replacement decals got my heart going, but in the end they came thru. So here is my effort for this GB. Helicopters, criminently! HS-4 has had quite an operational history. All of it after I left the squadron in 1964 on April Fools Day, but I am a bit proud to have an association with it. I sailor on.

Attachments

• HH-60H 1 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 1 Fini.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 178
  • HH-60H 2 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 2 Fini.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 177
  • HH-60H 3 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 3 Fini.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 286
  • HH-60H 4 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 4 Fini.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 197
  • HH-60H 5 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 5 Fini.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 180
  • HH-60H 6 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H 6 Fini.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
And I submit a couple of Extra detail shots of some of the scratch building, some cussing I might add is associated with them.

Attachments

• HH-60H aux1 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H aux1 Fini.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 177
  • HH-60H aux2 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H aux2 Fini.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 195
  • HH-60H aux3 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H aux3 Fini.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 183
  • HH-60H aux4 Fini.jpg
    HH-60H aux4 Fini.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Worth waiting for Bill, she is a beaut.

Just a small point though, can you reduce the size of the pics, they are huge when coppied.

looks bloody marvellois. well done. I really like the rotor storage and interior is awesome

Thanksguys.

Sometimes I think we build for one another. We feed on the our reactions.
I certainly wouldn't be putting this kind of effort into building for myownself.....

It's been said by others, we are All improving so much. Glad to be in company......

Just Plane Bill

"Just Plane Bill"?, does that mean you are giving up those "damned helicopter builds" and joining us lesser mortals again?
Don't do it!
A fantastic effort with great results!
I would say you are correct, we do build for the forum, and as one of the many, I say, Thanks!

Thanks for the comments guys.
I would have been bitterly dista-pointed if the decals hadn't arrived in time.

No Paul,
unfortunately I have two more to build. Even after the 3A!
An HH-60B, the sonar equipped 60 model, and then an SH-34J the old recip, both for my HS-4 collection.
Of course unless I go Way back to the first HS-4 choppas!

I have GB16 planned out already tho, not a whipper snipper but an early Yorktown AC !

*Just Plane Bill is a play on an old William Bendix radio and TV show, Just Plain Bill.

Last edited:
Paul I used to have one of them little license plates with my name on it, I was then kn own as California Bill...... Gord............

Thanks Cory, Woody, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back