**** FINISHED: 1/48 Ta 152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JKim

Senior Master Sergeant
Jul 1, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
Username: JKim
First name: John
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Zoukei-Mura
Model Type: Focke-Wulf Ta 152H-1
Aftermarket addons: Eduard Photoetch Seatbelts

Mandatory Photos:
JTK_9499_zpskfmsxzqi.jpg

JTK_9497_zpscclejoqr.jpg

JTK_9502_zpstjvuas7y.jpg

JTK_9501_zpszu98ybjj.jpg

JTK_9504_zpstpvpn4nl.jpg

JTK_9500_zpskokk6jfc.jpg

Additional Photos:
JTK_9507_zpsdjywlt9b.jpg

JTK_9505_zpsxoyz75gy.jpg

JTK_9523_zpsco69gpxh.jpg

JTK_9514_zpsao2ajqaq.jpg

JTK_9508_zpsgycr5ydh.jpg

JTK_9512_zpswoxtbc0w.jpg

Thanks Terry... not me best work but I'm glad to have it under my belt since the kit was received over two years ago. I'm still trying to dial in my matte coat application which is using Tamiya Flat Base with Alclad Aqua Gloss. Too much Flat Base will turn the finish white and I ran into that problem with the Ta152H, especially on the dark green nose areas. I had to douse the area with Gloss to save it but I wasn't able to totally extinguish the white tinge but at least now it seems to contribute to the weathered look as opposed to standing out as a botched clear coat.

Yes, it often takes some experimenting to get the ratio of Tamiya Flat Base to gloss correct for the desired finish, whether semi gloss, semi matt or full matt.
I actually used the 'white effect' to advantage, on a SEAC Spitfire, to give a dusty effect, but that took a lot of trial and error to get it right !

Thanks guys! I really love the lines on this aircraft... so elegant. It must be quite striking in 1/32 scale.

JTK_9521_zpsjkrxuwtc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back