**** FINISHED: 1/72 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spherical

Airman
Jul 9, 2010
Username: Spherical
First Name: Tama
Category: Novice
Scale: 1/72
Kit: Revell\Monogram A-10 Warthog
Accessories: Zilch, straight outta the box

Finished this model in a bit of a hurry, so not completely up to scratch! (Hey Practice makes perfect!)
Though overall I think this one went better than my last.
Decals were pretty good for being made in the 70's to 80's, except for the shark mouth which I ripped because it wouldn't fit. So I ditched it! Leaving it with Blank eyes, which imho look pretty neat.
Bombs were a pain, and now most of them have glue on them.
Also Im pretty stoked at making a clear gun sight to replace the weird plastic thing that was up front.

So heres the required shots.

IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG
IMG_4985.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG
IMG_4987.JPG
IMG_4988.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
And now the extra shots!

In the cockpit shot you can kinda see the clear sight I made. Im so stoked about it because I don't normally scratch build!
Next you can see the open engine (without cover)
And lastly the munitions, why wouldn't I have a shot of the most painstaking part of the build?!

IMG_4990.JPG
IMG_4991.JPG
IMG_4989.JPG

Cheers!! Its weird how the creator sees more faults in his work then anybody else (unless your a critic of some sort, because that's your job)

Nicely done Tama and I see you found the info on the correct photo angles, but you're a bit over the extended close date so not sure if we can include this in the final tally. However, let's see what the others say before making a final ruling.

An extension to the extension - Crimea_River

My time managment skills have clearly not been perfected yet.

Nice one Tama, and it's ok with me - I keep thinking it's still Sunday, due tot the long (four day) weekend. Something to do with the Queen being Queen for 60 years I think - she didn't come to my 60th party, so haven't taken much notice of hers!

It actually turned out to be a really fun build. Although there were some problems. Kits cant all be perfect :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back