**** FINISHED: 1/72 Defiant 264 Sqn PS*V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User name: N4521U
Name: Bill
Category: 2 Intermediate
Model:Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: MPM Advanced kit with etch and resin parts.

Accessories: Resin cockpit/turret insides, prop, wheels. 0Model Decals, UK, decals for the VP*S and serial. Bought the exhausts, but they were wrong, so I drilled out the kit pieces.…
Scratch built: Clearance lights from clear sprue, painted red or green. Landing lights from silver bead wires. Radiator exhaust scoop from brass sheet.

Looking for something else a little out of the ordinary, it seems, or I haven't seen, anyone is doing a Defiant. I have located a bit of information on a downed defiant, both pilot and gunner lost, over Thanet (Kent) on the 28th of August 1940. I have found a photo of the headstone of the gunner, the log listing them as crashed, and a photo of the plane before the fact. I thought it would be significant to do something "in memory" so to speak.

It's my first really complete and correct build, it's been a blast.
Cheers, Just Plane Bill

Attachments

• fin 0.JPG
    fin 0.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 276
  • fin 2.JPG
    fin 2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 238
  • fin 4.JPG
    fin 4.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 243
  • fin 6.JPG
    fin 6.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 257
  • fin 8.JPG
    fin 8.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 240
A few more views to finish it off.

JPBill

Attachments

• fin 1.JPG
    fin 1.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 223
  • fin 3.JPG
    fin 3.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 253
  • fin d1.JPG
    fin d1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 225
  • fin d2.JPG
    fin d2.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 280
Wow, great looking model for a first build, super! My first build was uh, well, we don't need to speak of that.

Beauty Bill. I see what Evan means about the roundels, but not your fault if the shade is bright. Great job mate, and hope to see you back soon after your op., good luck !

She has turned out really great Bill. Congrats. However the model seems to be a little bit too much shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back