**** FINISHED: 1/72 F4U-7 Corsair 14F.1 14th Flottile - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spherical

Airman
Jul 9, 2010
User name: Spherical
Name: Tama
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model type: F4U-7 Corsair
Aftermarket: OOB

Model finished, and in the nick of time. I'm leaving for holidays tommorow.
Some bits are a bit under done and others a little rushed but this kit gave me a lot less pain than the A-10 Warthog.

IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5747.JPG
IMG_5748.JPG
IMG_5749.JPG
IMG_5750.JPG
IMG_5751.JPG

And here are some extra.

IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG
IMG_5756.JPG

(It kinda looks worse up close XD Look at it from a distance)
I haven't put on the Drop tanks as I ran outta time :p

All in all I think it looks pretty good, better than others i've made certainly.

Looks great to me too Tama!

Looks like the antenna masts got in your way for decaling. From experience, it would be easier in future to cement them post painting and decaling - had the same trouble with one of my first kits (Airfix P-51D) with a pitot tube positioned in the middle of the US star. Guess what I glued in before decaling...:)

Good stuff. I remember when the first (display warbird) Corsair arrived in the UK, in the early 1980s, and it was in these colours, although a tad darker if memory serves. It was in a 'secret' location at the time, and I wasn't allowed to show photos of it until its arrival had been made public. Always liked this scheme ever since.

Very nice Tama you did well and I'm surprised at how strong the yellow decals came out over the blue, must have been a good set of decals.

Well done. Looks a cracker.

It's very apparent why black and yellow are used for safety signs colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back