**** FINISHED: 1/72nd P-38J Lightning - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
1/72nd Lockheed P-38J Lightning - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB
username;woljags
name;bob
category; beginner
model;Lockheed P.38J Lightning
kit;Frog
scale;1/72nd
accessories;soob plus scratch built cockpit and undercarriage detailing

bob5482.jpg

bob5483.jpg

bob5484.jpg

bob5485.jpg

bob5486.jpg

bob5487.jpg

bob5525.jpg

bob5524.jpg

bob5587.jpg

bob5588.jpg

bob5589.jpg

bob5590.jpg

bob5592.jpg

bob5591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i showed these pics to Chris,are they good enough for the judges to see the detail,she didn't feel they did it justice as it looks better than the pics,maybe someone could tell me how to get clearer pics as i'm not used to taking close ups, cheers chaps

Bob, looks good mate.

First off, you've given us more pics than the prescribed number (see here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds/group-build-photo-requirements-17034.html) but that's OK as some are, as you say, a bit out of focus. I need to understand what camera you're using but it seems that there are out of focus shots on both close ups as well as longer range. For normal shots, a steady hand at normal settings should work but I'm wondering if you've set the camera for an indoor setting with no flash. This would slow the speed and increase the chance of shake. For close-ups, use a macro setting of you have one (often a flower icon). Putting the camera on a tripod and using a timer can also help to eliminate shake.

Thanks Andy,i'm using my phone camera with 4 mega/pixels pic,the same as i use for my wedding car/restoration pics with no problems,its only when i try to get pics of the models that i get any kind of issue regarding pic quality

The problem is with an object scale you want to shoot and way you try to take an image. While a such subjects like cars are quite large, the distance you take a picture from is enough for the set focus of the phone camera. But for models that are more smaller targets mostly you would have to focalize for shorther distance. Unfortunately setting of a focus of a phone camera isn't done by correct setting of lens but it is the digital zoom that isn't of a very good quality even for many ordinary cameras. The only way for taking shots of better quality is to take them from a little bit further point. And then edit them with a graphic soft ( a picture browser e.g...).
Unless there is the MACRO option available for the phone camera. But using of the one doesn't mean you can take pictures from very close. Usually the distance is of 35-45cm.

Last edited:
sounds like i need to practice or get a better camera,cheers chaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back