**** FINISHED: A6M5 Zero - ATAIU*SEA U.K. - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
1/48 Hasegawa A6M5 Zero - ATAIU*SEA U.K. - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

User Name : N5421U
Real : Bill
Category : Still somewhere in the middle
Entry : British marked ATAIU*SEA captured A6M5 Zero.
Kit : Hasegawa 1/48th scale..... OTB! Maybe some scratch build stuff, like the saw horses the Japanese used. I have photos! And maybe some missing stuff, like a leg!
Accessories : Decals

Finally finished. I had to put this baby on stands, cuz I lost a bloody leg!!!!!!! These are fashioned of PVC strips and are replicas of Saw horses the Japanese used in the field made of wood. I received a couple of pictures of dameged Zeros on this type of stand so I quickly made them up so I could get this over with. If I ever find a leg I will match it up with the door and set it under the plane. I amglad this is overwith. Now I can get on with #13 GB. Bill

Attachments

• Fini5.jpg
    Fini5.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Fini6.jpg
    Fini6.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 212
  • Fini7.jpg
    Fini7.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 697
  • Fini1.jpg
    Fini1.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Fini2.jpg
    Fini2.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Fini3.jpg
    Fini3.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Fini4.jpg
    Fini4.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
An extra pic to go with my build, plus one of the "new" Zero for contrast.
I never claim to make things easy on myself!!!!!!

Attachments

• Fini8 one legged zero.jpg
    Fini8 one legged zero.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Fini xtra.jpg
    Fini xtra.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 265
Thanks everyone. Another learning experience.

BTW......
I found the other leg. It flipped up into a container of sand paper. Found it when I tipped it over on the floor!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back