**** FINISHED: GB-36 1/48 Mitsubishi J2M Raiden - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
Username: Parsifal
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: Mitsubishi Interceptor raiden
Aftermarket addons: None at this stage

"done" shots after corrections completed.

Final- bow.jpg

Final - starboard fore quarter.jpg

Final - starboard beam.jpg

Final - starboard aft quarter.jpg

Final- aft.jpg

Final - port aft quarter.jpg

Final - port beam.jpg

Final - port fore quarter.jpg

Additional optional images (2 of)

Final - additional.jpg

Final - additional II.jpg

So, final comments....I enjoyed the larger scale for a change, and this kit, despite its age has a lot of potential. I enjoyed the scratch building of the cockpit and overall thought the outcomes were pretty good. Hardest issue was the canopy fit, which in the end affected the transparency of the canopy. I'm happy with my attempt at brake lines for the undercarriage as well. weathering effects I was going to leave out,
, but in the finish did quite a bit trying out some new techniques which I unashamedly stole from john's (JKim) 1099G build. Use of soft pastel chalks for weathering is definitely a useful skill. Hopefully I will get better at it....

this is a nice kit. Ive done an okay job, but still need to hone up on finishing skills.

Well done Micheal, some good work, and a lot of new skills learned, and the main thing is, you enjoyed it.

Very cool. Nice build. I always thought that the J2M was one of the better looking Japanese WW2 aircraft. Rumor is that the Planes of Fame Museum wants to get theirs flying. Let's hope they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back