**** FINISHED: GB-37 1/48 Hughes 500D - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Hughes 500D from Magnum P.I.

User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: Academy 500D Police Helicopter
Scale: 1/48th

Accessories: Scratch built modification to the landing skids to depict extended skids with emergency float packs and modifying pilot and passenger figures to look like Magnum & T.C.

Hope you guys like it.

There were several Hughes 500 helicopters use during the run of the series but only the one shown in the opening credits had the extended landing skids with emergency flotation packs. I liked the look of those beefed up skids so chose to model that particular helicopter. That helicopter crashed during the filming of the 6th episode of the first season so is not seen later in the series other that the opening credits.

Screenshot1.png
P1012646.JPG
P1012647.JPG
P1012648.JPG
P1012649.JPG
P1012650.JPG
P1012651.JPG

Thanks guys
I just barly got it finish before a leak in the window or roof by my work bench has forced me to take my whole setup apart and box it up. Took all day yesterday to do it. Don't know when I'll be able work on models again.

Its not just the leak, its all the damage it's caused. I'm not a happy camper right now, and the usual cure for that is spending some time at the modeling bench, WHICH I CAN NOT DO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back