**** FINISHED: GB-39 1:48 Dewoitine D.520 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

As always I'd like to thank those who offered advice, comments or just popped in for a look-see. Overall a very nice kit with a glitch in the lower wing/fuselage join but an easy fix. Fairly happy with my first free-hand camouflage attempt. More practice to get the demarcations tighter. I'll definitely buy another one down the road to be built as a "captured" subject

Might want to get a couple of bags lads. The kit contains the dreaded Dragon 190 with some fit issues. I've found a few builds that tell how to correct these. The instructions aren't very clear as to where to cut off the nose of the 154 to make way for the warhead. A very definite tail sitter. I'll have to see how much room is in the warhead and engine compartments for lead. I could only find one build and the guy used the Revell re-boxing. What's funny is the guy writes that the Dragon issue is a crappy Chinese knock-off yet it was produced 5 years prior to Revell's reissue. This may take the entire GB run methinks

Wait till you see what I have up my sleeve. I think I should be in the batty house for what I'm planing. I have the Monogram B-29 and all the Eduard add on's save the bomb mods. That's five sets, Interior, interior mid section, exterior, wheel wells, and seat belts. I gone mad.

Might want to get a couple of bags lads. The kit contains the dreaded Dragon 190 with some fit issues. I've found a few builds that tell how to correct these. The instructions aren't very clear as to where to cut off the nose of the 154 to make way for the warhead. A very definite tail sitter. I'll have to see how much room is in the warhead and engine compartments for lead. I could only find one build and the guy used the Revell re-boxing. What's funny is the guy writes that the Dragon issue is a crappy Chinese knock-off yet it was produced 5 years prior to Revell's reissue. This may take the entire GB run methinks

Instructions? You Use them???????I thought they were for keeping track of parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back