**** FINISHED: GB-45 1/72 Spitfire Mk Ia - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PlasticHero

Senior Airman
Jul 31, 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
Username: PlasticHero
First name: Alan
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Tamiya 60748
Aftermarket: Xtradecal 72224

Done and with no mistakes that were build ending. I will call out the errors that would certainly lose me points if you could see it in person. Somehow I got the fuselage roundels offset from each other. I'm missing some of the stencil until A4K gets replacements to me. The J under the nose shouldn't be on different colored block, but I didn't have just a letter and close enough. Aside from that, it looks ok, not super happy with the weathering but I had a blast. The radio wire is stretched black plastic sprue, I see I didn't rig it 100% correct, but I'm sure it wouldn't last too long anyway. So glad to get back into this hobby after almost 20 years.

Spit1.jpg
Spit2.jpg
spit3.jpg
spit4.jpg
spit5.jpg
spit6.jpg
spit8.jpg
spit7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. The majority of the issues you point out are not things that affect judging. The scoring is devoted to quality fit and finish rather than to historical accuracy.

Nice one Alan!

I'm now back home, and have the stencils you need. Unfortunately it will be a couple of weeks before I can send them to you, as I am in 14 days self quarantine, having been overseas. If you can drop me your address in a PM, I'll get them out to ya as soon as I can!

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back