**** FINISHED: GB-49 1/48 Mosquito B.XVI - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
DH Mosquito B.XVI, 608 Sqn, RAF ( Aux AF ), Downham Market, April 1945.

Username Airframes
Name Terry.
Category Judge - non competing.
Model Mosquito B.XVI
Scale 1/48th
Kit Tamiya Mosquito B.IV.
Accessories "Brengun" resin engine nacelles and exhausts, bulged bomb bay and canopy side windows from Airfix kit, scratch-built interior fittings and other items , decals from the kit, Xtradecal and Tally Ho decals. Custom-made display base.

Finally finished, and ready for delivery. It could be better in parts, but I'm relatively happy with it.
The six "standard" pics, and a couple of extras.
Thanks again to all who followed this build, offered encouragement and kind words, or just laughed at some of the mishaps !!

Mosquito B.XVI build. 004.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 005.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 006.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 007.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 008.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 009.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 010.JPG
Mosquito B.XVI build. 013.JPG

Thanks Andy.
Nah, Norfolk is mainly flat !
Most pics show chocks only at the front ( if used at all ), and were probably a precaution for engine start and ground running anyway.
Apart from that, it would have been extremely tricky trying to place a second set on the display base. I had enough problems getting the boarding ladder attached - lost the ladder when it dropped off and vanished into the abyss, so had to "steal" one from another Mossie kit, and that took bl**dy ages to fit. Look closely, and you'll notice it doesn't touch the "ground" as it's supposed to, as I just couldn't get good enough access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back