**** FINISHED: GB-51 1:48 Lockheed S-3B Viking - No Propellers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model: S-3B Viking Kit No. 2623
Scale: 1:48

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

As always I would like to say thanks to all who offered advice, commented or just popped in for a shufti

Fantastic Geo and I'd like to thank you for the excellent pictures. Everything is lined up perfectly and makes judging a lot easier. An example to all.

Thanks guys. Andy Crimea_River Crimea_River , this thing was a pain in the keester to photograph. A full sheet of poster board doesn't cut it. If you look at the top half of the photos around the edges you can see where I used the clone stamp.....poorly. God knows how I'm going to do the finals on the B-29. I just held one wing half over the Viking and its the same width

Geo, the background is fine for judging. It's a good neutral colour and the odd variance in the background is no big deal. I was commenting mainly on the fact that you obviously took the time to make sure things line up perfectly in the front and back shots. It's amazing how often a twelve o'clock view shows up as 11 or 1 o'clock in the finished pics and the same goes for the six. I use these shots to judge symmetry of the build, looking at the undercarriage, ordnance (if any) and wing alignments to see that these are all correct and too often this is made very difficult.

Good luck on the 29!

Nice Viking build.
I hear you when it comes to taking photos…the large unfolded wingspan of the S-3 makes it a challenge.

Cheers
Collin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back