**** FINISHED: GB-55 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 - MTO III (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya (kit 61117)
Model: Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6
Scale: 1:48

A great, fun to build kit. For me, some challenges in painting techniques; however, not quite yet mastered, but reasonable enough to submit (almost didn't).

I am presenting both build options; closed and open engine covers. Not sure if this is allowed? Or, just call them some 'extra' photos.

GB55 Bf109 G6 Port F.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Port R.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Stbd R.jpg
GB55 Bf109 G6 Stbd F.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Front.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Rear.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Bottom.jpg

The open engine option

GB55 Bf109 G6 Port F open.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Port R open.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Stbd R open.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Stbd F open.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Front open.jpg
GB55 Bf109 G6 Rear open.jpg

And a closer look at the engine detail

GB55 Bf109 G6 Engine Port.jpg

GB55 Bf109 G6 Engine Stbdt.jpg

And all the futzing I did with the cockpit detail, only to not be able to capture in finished model.

Turned out nice. I'm glad you submitted it - not sure why you wouldn't.
Well....when I upgraded to Advanced from Intermediate, I self raised my performance bar. I felt that I just barely met Intermediate performance let alone Advanced on this build. But I was classified already,

Soooo..... self flagellation.

Well....when I upgraded to Advanced from Intermediate, I self raised my performance bar. I felt that I just barely met Intermediate performance let alone Advanced on this build. But I was classified already,

Taking this much too seriously Ralph. The point is to have fun.

Not sure why you don't like it Ralph, looks very sharp

I too went up a notch to challenge myself. I still consider myself Intermediate but Advanced looks good on the resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back