**** FINISHED: GB-56 1/48 P-47D - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Username Airframes
Name Terry
Category Judge - non competing
Scale 1/48th
Model P-47D-22RE
Kit Arii P-47D
Accessories Cockpit parts from Hasegawa spares, home-made prop, wheels from Hasegawa spares P.E. ring sight, some scratch building, decals from Kagero and Eagle Strike.

P-47D-22RE "razorback", flown by Lt. Howard J. Curran, 510th FS, 405th FG, 9th USAAF, Picauville, Normandy, circa late July 1944.

The required "finished" shots and a couple of additional pics.
Thanks to everyone who followed this build and for the kind comments and encouragement.

P-47 build 2 238.JPG
P-47 build 2 239.JPG
P-47 build 2 240.JPG
P-47 build 2 241.JPG
P-47 build 2 242.JPG
P-47 build 2 243.JPG
P-47 build 2 250.JPG
P-47 build 2 245.JPG
P-47 build 2 246.JPG
P-47 build 2 247.JPG
P-47 build 2 249.JPG

Thanks Ralph.
The metal finish is just plain old Revell No.90 Silver enamel, sprayed at low pressure. I've messed about with various "metal" finish paints over the last few years, with some mixed results and a couple of disasters from some of the more "modern" products. I used to always use Humbrol Silver, but when production sources changed, that went to rat sh*t, so I tried various types, fInally settling on the Revell product.

Thanks Ralph.
The metal finish is just plain old Revell No.90 Silver enamel, sprayed at low pressure. I've messed about with various "metal" finish paints over the last few years, with some mixed results and a couple of disasters from some of the more "modern" products. I used to always use Humbrol Silver, but when production sources changed, that went to rat sh*t, so I tried various types, fInally settling on the Revell product.
Too humble...I'll still credit your skills regardless of product. I would try that Revell but would prefer to avoid enamel. Guess I'll just stick with older Luftwaffe then (or RAF) that require small areas of bare finish.

I can here that thing ticking over to start.
Well done. Well done indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back