**** FINISHED: GB-57 1/48 Curtiss Hawk-75A-3 - WW2 Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: HobbyCraft P-36
Scale: 1/48nd
Accessories: Microscale Decals

Vichi French Curtiss Hawk 75A-3 of the 2nd Escadrille GC II/4 at Dakar Senegal 1942.
I did some searches into Dakar and French West Africa during the war as other that operation Torch, it was an unknown aspect of the war to me. I was surprised to find that during the battle of Dakar (again, new to me) The Hawk 75 pretty much kicked the Allies ass
That's what I love about this hobby, always learning new things about history.
This is the fourth time I've built the HobbyCraft P-36/Hawk 75 kit plus a couple more if you include their P-40C and I have to say I love these kits They are simple but build into a very nice finished product and have room for upgrading it you want to.

Hope you all like it

P6013976.JPG
P6013977.JPG
P6013978.JPG
P6013979.JPG
P6013980.JPG
P6013981.JPG
P6013983.JPG
P6013984.JPG
P6013985.JPG
P6013986.JPG
P6013987.JPG
P6013988.JPG
P6013990.JPG
P6013991.JPG

....I did some searches into Dakar and French West Africa during the war as other that operation Torch, it was an unknown aspect of the war to me. I was surprised to find that during the battle of Dakar (again, new to me) The Hawk 75 pretty much kicked the Allies ass
That's what I love about this hobby, always learning new things about history.....

View attachment 723624
An amazing model, Glenn!
I too like small conflicts/operations inside the bigger ones (world wars). Dakar, Madagascar, the Battle of the Levant and many others are my all time favorites. Those conflicts are mostly not very well (or not often enough) covered in historical books. One must search really hard to find more, not only the "mainstream" information.
Cheers!

An amazing model, Glenn!
I too like small conflicts/operations inside the bigger ones (world wars). Dakar, Madagascar, the Battle of the Levant and many others are my all time favorites. Those conflicts are mostly not very well (or not often enough) covered in historical books. One must search really hard to find more, not only the "mainstream" information.
Cheers!
You mean like this?:
The Second World War started when Hitler invaded Poland on September 1st, 1939. Then Churchill won the Battle of Britain in 1940. Then Japan bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 (a day that will live in infamy). Then the United States launched D-Day on June 6, 1944. And the atomic bombs were dropped on Japan in August 1945. The end.
This is probably more information than most school kids get these days.

Great model Glenn. I agree with you about learning new things with this hobby. Very enjoyable. I was advocating for GBs that focused on small theaters but the suggestions got little interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back