**** Finished Gotha 242 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Username: DBII
Name : David
Category: Beginner
Model: Italeri 1/72 scale Gotha 242
Details: Cargo Academy Kubelwagen

Attachments

• R1-16.jpg
    R1-16.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 298
  • R1-17.jpg
    R1-17.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 254
  • R1-18.jpg
    R1-18.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 289
  • R1-19.jpg
    R1-19.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 250
  • R1-20.jpg
    R1-20.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 313
  • R1-21.jpg
    R1-21.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 295
  • R1-24.jpg
    R1-24.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 310
  • R1-25.jpg
    R1-25.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 288
Thank you. I wish I could get closer shots. Since I do not have a digital camera, this was the best I could do and still make the deadline. I have found the best way is the scan than photos myself so I can enlarge the image prior to scanning. This would have taken to much time. I had the lab scan the negatives onto the cd. I can only enlarge the digital image this way. If I blow the shots up any more, you will see the pixals. The cockpit turned out well. Since the canopy is huge, one can see everything side. The few instruments are located on top of the canopy. There is nothing bertweeen the pilot and the nose except the rudder peddles and stick. I am glad I took the time to paint the frame green before the camo grey. I did not think it would matter but it does. At the last minute, I painted the yellow ID band. I followed the guidance on Wurger's and B17 Engr's thread and it was easy. I wanted to copy the photo in my build thread. I hit the kubelwagen with a can of panzergrey spray paint and it was done in a minute. After reading B17 Engr's thread, I taped off the windshield, grabed a knife blade and instant mask. 3 seconds later, perfect windshield.

DBII

Maybe Santa will be nice and get me a digital camera. He may still be pissed at me from last year. I put dragon teeth on the roof so he could not land so easy :twisted:

Warning, objects in the pictures are larger than they appear. :lol:

Thanks Dirk. I was thinking that the glider is large, must be the picture. The black base is the same one in my PTO B-17 photos. The wing span on this is 80 ft 5 inches, length 51 ft 10 inches, height of 17 ft. The B-17 is wing span 103 feet 9 inches, length 74 feet 4 inches and height of 19.1 inches. If I have any film in my other camera, I will post a shot of the two together.

DBII

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back