****Finished: Martin 139 Bomber, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Category: 2
Scale: 1:72
Manufacturer: Williams Brothers
Model Type: Martin 139WH (Dutch East Indies export version of Martin B-10)
Details: 1-VLG-II Netherlands East Indies Army Air Corps, Java Island Feb-1942

This one was a challenge and when it came to painting the canopies, I was in over my head and still am not fully satisfied with the way it came out. I think if I had done this after having a few more models under my belt coming out of "retirement", I would have done a better job on them. Also had a heck of a time finding the right size decals, which being white meant I could not make them on the PC – so I had to settle for yellow instead. I also slightly overdid it on the pastels around the ailerons– which were not noticeable until I took the pics. Landing gear had to be placed up due to collapsing.

The one thing I can say about working on obscure aircraft, information is not readily available!

239-1.jpg

239-2.jpg

239-3.jpg

239-4.jpg

239-5.jpg

239-6.jpg

239-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to see something a little different VB, so more credit to ya for that! Still you have turned out a wonderful result with this build. Fantastic! 8)

Cheers

Peter

Beautiful job mate! :D

I agree the control surfaces are a little strong, but I think your glasswork is beautiful! Definitely can't have been easy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back