**** FINISHED: Mustang IV "Edmonton Special", 442 Sq RCAF - Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

**** FINISHED: Mustang IV "Edmonton Special", 442 Sq RCAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB
Mustang IV (P-51K) "Edmonton Special", 442 Squadron RCAF, May 1945

User Name: Catch22
Category: Beginner
Entry: Canadian Mustang IV, 442 RCAF. Squadron flew the last combat operation of the European War flying cover for the liberation of the Channel Islands.
Kit: Tamiya 1/32 P-51D

Well, here it is finally! I realized I forgot to do exhaust staining before I did the pictures but it's for all intents and purposes finished. Pleasure to build, only problem is the fit of the cowling a little bit, but I think that's due to using an aftermarket spinner and props to replicate a P-51K. I know it seems like I skipped a bunch in the progress thread but in reality I didn't have to do much after I painted. Freehand is still iffy because I can't get a nice clean spray out of my airbrush no matter what I try, but with colours such as the ones used you can't tell. May have to mask the Spitfire though. Probably my favourite model to date, and quite pleased with it besides the shiny decals that I couldn't get to dull down. Dream kit to build, if perhaps a bit tedious with the engine at times, but everything fits nicely and the options they give you are great.

DSC_00038.jpg

DSC_00046.jpg

DSC_00056.jpg

DSC_00065.jpg

DSC_00074.jpg

DSC_00084.jpg

Thanks guys! Andy and Terry, it is the sun. It's US Olive Drab and Dark Grey (proper name escapes me) but they're equivalent colours. Actually if you're not under direct light it's hard to discern the colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back