**** FINISHED: P-40E Leningrad Front, USSR 1943 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nxthanos

Senior Airman
Jun 11, 2011
Please withdraw this entry from consideration, thank you.

Last edited:
Nice! After I'm done with my Tomahawk I'm most certainly gonna get me one of those later P-40's, an Aleutian Tiger of sorts seems like an interesting thing to do, to kinda link it to my AVG kite since the Aleutian Tiger were apparently commanded by Claire Chennaults son.

Last edited:
I have decals (and a good p-40E Otaki kit) for an aluetion Tiger p-40e.

I hoped to show with this build that if you put in a little effort, even an older less detailed kit can look decent.

Many model builders starting with myself can't afford to buy the latest tamiya or hasegawa 1/48 offering, or eduard extras and so forth, so we have to rely on the secondary market and a little kit bashing as it were!

My little P-40 will win no awards, but he's decent and that is good enough for me! ;)

Plus, if you think about it working your way through an older kit (be it ancient Airfix/Otaki/some old Monogram thingy or whatever) is more often then not a lot more challenging (even OOB) then slamming together a typical shake bake Tamigawa kit (which doesn't mean those aren't nice, as they can be quite relaxing to build), let alone adding extra details/scribe panel lines...etc. etc. IMHO there's a lot more to learn in terms of basic techniques, and taking it to the next level in terms of adding extra details etc. from building these old kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back