**** FINISHED: Spitfire Mk. I P9306 ZP H of No 74 Squadron Battle of Britain GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Spitfire Mk. I P9306 ZP H of No 74 Squadron Battle of Britain Group Build

User name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: 2, Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya Spitfire Mk.1
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: True Details resin wheels. Scratch built parts in Cockpit. Decals custom made from kit and from spares box

Here it is finally finished. I hope I have done justice to the original at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry.

PB283730.JPG
PB283731.JPG
PB283733.JPG
PB283734.JPG
PB283735.JPG
PB283736.JPG
1PB283740.JPG
2PB283754.JPG
3PB283757.JPG
4PB283722.JPG

Last edited:
Well I certainly won't embrace you, but I will congratulate you! Great job there Glenn; and I've just thought, I think that was 'Pedro' Hanbury's aircraft. Jan can tell you, as he has my book on 74 Sqn, listing all their aircraft, and I think there's a pic of it in there too.

Embarrass, embrace, what the heck Glenn, a bloody marvellous job mate, but if you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the aerial, not that there is anything wrong, just curious.

Thanks guys!
I think that was 'Pedro' Hanbury's aircraft. Jan can tell you, as he has my book on 74 Sqn, listing all their aircraft, and I think there's a pic of it in there too.
I'd love to see that info. I'll have to shoot Jan a PM

....but if you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the aerial, not that there is anything wrong, just curious.
I was kind of pressed for time there at the end so I used the old standby, stretched sprue with the insulator made from a dab of Testors clear parts cement. Did the same for my two 109s, just more insulators on the wire, and one carved out of sprue to anchor the line at the fuselage.

Thanks guys. This one isn't as flashy at the 109s, but it's kinda special. I've been looking at that Spit hanging in the Museum since I was a kid, and now with all the research, I have a pretty good idea of how it looked during the battle, and I hope I've done it justice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back