Finished: Tribute to the Allies in the Pacific

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YakFlyer

Airman 1st Class
Jan 15, 2007
Canterbury, NZ
Hi folks,

While this group is far from complete, I do have all the types I wanted. It is a sort of tribute to the contribution of the RAAF and RNZAF in the Pacific war with the US. A couple of other RAAF types are not in shot.
The final piece was completing the Catalina a few months back, what a job that was.

cheers
yakflyer
P1090200.jpg
P1090202.jpg
P1090204.jpg

Very cool :D I was thinking of doing a Russian Pacific Theatre tribute group :) this would tie in nicely :D

Great stuff, and a nice sentiment. It'd be better off posted in the main Modelling section though, where more people could see it.

Great stuff, and a nice sentiment. It'd be better off posted in the main Modelling section though, where more people could see it.

Hi Airframes,

Good point - reluctant to start too many threads as there is so much other interesting stuff going on but figured it be best to put it here. I have another collection which is nearing completion so perhaps I could post it in the general section when the final piece in the puzzle is complete. :)

Thanks for the comments all. I visited Pearl Harbor earlier this year. My partner and I had planned the trip for a while, and it was very high in my 'travel bucket list'. By the time I do my 3rd US trip next Sept (my partners), I'll have done 6 of the 10 things on my list, not bad considering I'll only be 30.
That is a story for another day!
A very emotional place to visit - I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! at the age of 11, and was very moved by it. glad to have finally been able to pay my respects there.

cheers
Yakflyer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back