First flight of the new Dutch Fokker D.XXI (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
They finally did it, after building for 10 year. Top that, you modellers :lol:

So this is obviously a replica of the 229, famous for the miraculous escape of Sgt. Roos on May 10th 1940. THe original has been found in the '90ies and is the only original wreckage of the Dutch Fokker D.XXI's known at the moment. This was the first flight. I really hope to be able to see this great piece of art next year at the Oostwold airshow.

The build of this aircraft was a private venture by Jack van Egmond and his son and some volunteers. Quite an amazing feat.

Last edited:
This is great to see, Marcel!

I also understand that Mr. van Egmond used some original D.XXI parts in the construction, too.
Yes, I believe that mostly instruments. While working on it, they also brought back and relearned some old build techniques. The engine is not a Mercury unfortunately, for various reasons. But it's close enough and it sure looks like the real thing.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe that mostly instruments. While working on it, they also brought back and relearned some old build techniques. The engine is not a Mercury unfortunately, for various reasons. But it's close enough and it sure looks like the real thing.

Marcel - do you know what engines in used there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back