Flak Towers of the Reich

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker you would be interested in knowing that I drove through the old Pattonville yesterday on my way to the Golf course.

The place is no longer under US control (it was closed down years ago during the draw down), but it has retained its name. The area is still called Pattonville (even the German Street signs say Pattonville), and the streets have kept their name (Florida Ave, New York Ave, John F. Kennedy Str.). The old High School is still their, but it is now something else. The housing area is still standing, but has been completely rebuilt and modernized and is now civilian German housing.

Wiener King ? sounds like a US version of a drive-in

It is a fast food chicken chain. I believe it is called Wienerwald now.

WOW!!! That is the first time that I have ever seen them.:shock: They are tremendous! I had no idea that they were that large. I have heard of them and even read about them in some of the history I have read but like I said, I had not seen them. Thank you for enlightening me Charles.:thumbright:

the culmination of the Flak pieces on the top of the towers

small image

dual128-2.jpg

The last mission in "Medal of Honor: Airborne" drops you on top of a flak tower. Well...your C47 breaks in half, so it kinda just unceremoniously dumps you there. Its a pretty intense map...and pretty accurate, from what I can tell. I always thought it was just another arse-kicking mission they dreamed up that was only loosely based in reality, until I saw that show on Cities of the Underworld.

Adler, you play golf!? I didn't think you had the time to play! You are one busy dude! Good for you. A full life is a happy one!

Yeah I sure do. I don't get to play as much as I want to though. This was just the first game in months litterally.

Very cool Chris - thanks for the update!

Out of curiosity, do they still sell Honey Shells? It was a honey based candy in a scallop shell.

I have seen chocolate ones, but not honey based ones.

Reminds me exactly of the tower you have to storm in Call of Duty. I bet that's where they got the idea of it.

Are you sure you are not confusing with Medal of honor Airborne ?
In the final scene, you have to fight in one of them, modelised from top to bottom... Have no idea how accurate it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back