Flight Training (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Leonidas

Airman 1st Class
Feb 3, 2021
US
Heyo, can anyone teach me how to fly, I want to fly before I have my driver's license (I have my permit though)

Find a local Part 141 flight school, or a local CFI at a nearby FBO.

When I learned to fly I went through a Part 141 school. My recommendations:

1. Have a lot a money.
2. Listen and pay attention.
3. Don't rush anything. Take your time, and learn properly.
Hmmm. Money is not something that I have much of. But thanks.

Maybe you can exchange work for instruction.
I painted a older aircraft ( Cessna 140 ) that belonged to a instructor, and that took care of most of the time, but not all.
Back then, early 90's, I think dual time was around $80.00 a hour. That's aircraft rental, and instructor.
It's probably more now.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Money is not something that I have much of. But thanks.

Flying costs money period. You have to pay for the instructors time, gas (the plane will not fly without it), the written tests, and the practical tests. I spent thousands to get my license.

Not trying to discourage you, but its not cheap.

039AB437-EED7-4DFA-AAF7-9BB1733253B0.jpeg

Leonidas - I think you're in the Las Vegas area. You have several great airports that offer plenty of flight training. Henderson and N. Las Vegas. I don't know what goes on at Jean these days but I used to fly into all 3 years ago.

These guys are probably the best source of information on flight training. I noticed they pointed out work for lessons. That would have to be a great opportunity to really learn about planes. I imagine there's a bunch of folks who can pay their way through most things and never have to turn a wrench. If you're actually working on planes, even the low down drudge work, that has to a priceless education. Knowing what to clean out and how. Knowing what to keep clear. That has got to be an important skill set.
I never took any lessons. I don't know how to fly other than the pbehn method but if you follow the posts of the guys here who actually fix planes , you have to have a leg up on the competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back