Flightgear

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FlightGear is one of the sims that I play and it's quite OK. The flight characteristics of an aircraft is modeled properly but the version that I have now doesn't allow an airplane to crash (since no crash model is defined). Although in FlightGear you can fly both civilian and military aircraft, it isn't a combat flight simulator so don't expect dogfights. I use FlightGear for teaching myself how to fly a Cessna 172.

I was looking for an MSFlightsim alternative, so that's quite allright. Which version do you use? Yesterday I downloaded 1.9b but didn't have time to test it yet.

I'm using version 1.0. Tried downloading the latest version but I haven't installed it yet.

Version 1.9 looks allright. I have trouble setting up my Joystick though. It seems like the game doesn't recognise the Logitc Force3D that I have and manually selecting the config file for this type makes it crash. So I'll have to use the standard now, but that's difficult, flying without ruders.

I haven't played any sims for a long time. Last one I touched was FSX, but that was many years ago and I don't see to be able to install in on Windows10 (F## Microsoft). So I tried this FLightGear again. It's now at version 3.something and they really made some strides. It's still not as userfriendly to setup as FSX, but for the rest it is fantastic. Runs great on my Linux OS as well. I think I will try and spend some time again on this program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back