Flying Fortress captured (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
One of the main and most important Allied bombers, the B-17 was sparked interest and greed target of Germans and Japanese during WW2. Inevitably some planes were captured and tested by the enemy. I share with you the link below that has some photos of these planes, some rare, with German and Japanese markings. To see the photos, visit the link below:

Aviação em Floripa: Fortalezas Voadoras capturadas

Best Regards.

I bet the pilots and crew were nervous, how close do you have to get to see the LW markings compared to how close you need to be to hit it?

The Japanese captured some intact CV-21 and 22 when the Dutch East Indies fell to them.
And they captured the early model B-17 in the Philippines, I think.

There were quite a few CW-21 aircraft that were captured unassembled (about 27) when the Japanese over-ran the Loiwing factory.

There were also several Dutch CW-21 aircraft of 2-VLG IV that had been damaged on the ground and one intact CW-21B subsequently captured and used as a liaison aircraft. This is the one that is seen in the photo of the captured B-17 at the IJA test center in Singapore.

The Japanese also actively operated the captured Dutch CW-22s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back