Focke Wulf 190 A 9/F 9 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hartmann

Airman
Jan 19, 2005
Spain
Hello,as you see I´m new in the forum, hehehe :lol:. I was looking for this: Can someone provide the specifications about the FW 190 A9 and F9?. It´s a pretty airplane but very little known about this.Thanks in advance

check google search engine

the difference is that the F-9 is that the underbelley was armored unlike the fighter version A-9. More powerful engine thatn the A-8 with 14 blade cooling fan. Most likely wooden prop and blown canopy. F-9 had two inborad 2cm as standard alaong with the bomb ordnance, the A-9 could be fitted with four or two 2cm weapons on the disgression of the pilot and his ground crew.

E ~

:D heres a pic of A-9 and crewmen of I./JG 301 in November of 44. thanks to Peter Rodeike..........

sometimes though the metal prop was used and the old standard canopy of the A-8 variant.

A new almost tube like drop tank was also fitted on some A-9's.

Attachments

• cpicturesa9r11jg301.jpg
    cpicturesa9r11jg301.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,410
One of the benefits of the wooden prop, which the Brits used on the Mk. XIV Spitfire, was that in the event of a wheels up landing, the prop blades break off, as opposed to bending like the metal ones and put less stress on the engine. Metal blades will assure a serious messed up engine in that event.

Thanks a lot for your interest! It´s a lot of information.
Another question: I read about the fact that the model A9, having a turbosupercharged engine, (the TU/TS) capable of 2000/2270 hp was able to catch some 680 Km/h at 10000 m, is this true?. Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Im not good in metric but I think 680 kmh is about 420-425 mph...I think the A-9 could do that, yeah 8)

Very nice! I always thought the prop blades on the Dora almost looked fake because of their size. Those are some really fat blades!

I read some where that the Ta-152 had 2 foot wide blades, which is pretty bigski! ;)

Really thanks to all. Someone has the exact especifications of this model?. I am very interested about this model. Thanks and regards

That is great! A lot of thanks, cheddar cheese. I was looking for this a lot of time ago, and at last, I could find it :D . I f you like some type of information, say me it. Regards!

o_O copying from one of the greatest games ever made? ^.- i wont tell anyone.... :p

anyway, that one of the relyablest sources 4 me to get aircraft info ;)

Couldnt find it anywhere else (I only searched for 5 mins but thats not the point...)

Anyway the info on FB/AEP/PF is pretty reliable usually.

Im glad I could be of help Hartmann 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back