eBay: Focke Wulf Fw190D-9

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fw190d9_24.jpg

fw190d9_24a.jpg

Yep... The JV44 Dora seems to be the same you can see in the post #31.

The photo in post #31 is usually identified as the Fw 190 D-11 'Red 4' at Munchen-Riem.

It was the photograph in post #33 of 'Red 1' that finally showed the underside colours to have been RED and white when it emerged some years ago. Some of the older members will remember blue and white or black and white profiles based on B+W photographs, which should be a salutary lesson to all photo-interpreters :)

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Great photos,thanks for posting.
For those that want further information, I can highly recommend "Focke Wulf Fw 190D,camouflage & markings, Part 1, and 2, if you can still get it .
Published by JaPo,........Mods I hope I have not broken any rules here !

Regards Mike

Great photos,thanks for posting.
For those that want further information, I can highly recommend "Focke Wulf Fw 190D,camouflage & markings, Part 1, and 2, if you can still get it .
Published by JaPo,........Mods I hope I have not broken any rules here !

Regards Mike

They are excellent books.
For the JV 44 Fw 190s I would consider 'Doras of the Galland Circus, by Jerry Crandall but would really recommend the two volumes 'The Focke-Wulf 190 Dora' by the same author. The JV 44 Doras are covered in volume two making the 'Galland Circus' book somewhat redundant.
Unfortunately you face the same problem with all of these as with the JaPo books, finding them at a sane price.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back