eBay: Fokker G1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Nr 361 Nr 345

fokkerG1_07.jpg

fokkerG1_08.jpg
fokkerG1_09.jpg
fokkerG1_10.jpg
fokkerG1_11.jpg
fokkerG1_12.jpg

Last edited:
As I understand it, there were two different versions of this bird. A two seater and a three seater. If this is in fact the case, other than engine and internal changes, where they the same dimensionally?

As I understand it, there were two different versions of this bird. A two seater and a three seater. If this is in fact the case, other than engine and internal changes, where they the same dimensionally?
No that is incorrect, there were indeed 2 versions, the original G-1 wasp and the G-1 Mercury. The first one was smaller and meant for export. I must have the difference in dimensions somewhere at home. The Dutch airforce used the Mercury, a much bigger plane. The latter was sometimes used as a three seater in the reconnaisance role, but was generally flown as a two seater.

6th photo down in post #1 shows an interesting application of the Balkan Cross, being placed on the nose.

It looks like the G.1 had several options for armament, too.
The G-1 was one of the first multi-purpose aircraft. It was meant to be a fighter, a divebomber, fighterbomber and a reconnaisance plane. I the 302 was fitted with dive-breaks. You can also see the bomb-bay.
1G1nimhdriekwartvoor.jpg

One of the aircraft (304) had a "bathtub", so there would be a better view down.
G28.jpg

The smaller version Wasp had different nose armament, 2 20mm canons and 2 7.92mm MG's, while the Mercury was fitted with 8 7.92mm MG's in the nose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back