eBay: Fokker G1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are there reliable plans for each of the two versions?

Unfortunately, Fokker burned all plans in th '60ies. Our organisation has spend the last 15 years recovering what info we could get. You might be amazed where they find stuff. Apparently there were plans to build this aircraft in Denmark. Unfortunately they stuffed all their files unordered in a big container. Some of our people have spend some of their holidays to shift through those huge piles of paper.

At the moment we have enough plans to create a reasonable accurate G-1 mercury. Things that we are missing can be filled in by our technical man by looking at contemorary Fokker machines, so we're pretty confident. Finance however is a problem and some decisions have to be made wether it is feasable to build a machine. It will cost millions to build and operate it.

BTW, I had an old thread with many more images of the G-1. It's still around here somewere. My favorite was this color dia:
G1-colorkl.jpg

Marcel, I recently read an article about a historical group in the Netherlands that may have found the crash site of a Bf109 and G.1 (Mercury version)...have you heard about this yet?

The group's name is "CRASH", they operate a museum and have been doing alot of work in the Randstad Region that includes investigating many of aircraft wreck sites.

Marcel, I recently read an article about a historical group in the Netherlands that may have found the crash site of a Bf109 and G.1 (Mercury version)...have you heard about this yet?

The group's name is "CRASH", they operate a museum and have been doing alot of work in the Randstad Region that includes investigating many of aircraft wreck sites.
Yes, I know Crash 40-45 and have been there several times. They actually didn't find a G-1, but there was an engine found in the Ringvaart around Schiphol. We (not me :) ) actually identified it as being a G-1 engine. The origin of the engine is not clear. We now it was part of a series of spare engines for the G-1 but if or when it was build in we don't know. I don't believe they ever found a whole G-1 or I would have heard about it.

I don't know which bf-109 you mean, but several were found across the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back