For Rochie...Testors 1/48 P-47

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
True you are Rochie. The kit comes with options for both and razor and bubbletop. I've built both versions using this kit quite a while ago and I'm pretty sure the inserts weren't that bad of fit. As I said, the interior detail sucks but I just like trying different paint schemes. These aren't all the parts, just showing the inserts. Decals I've seen in all my kits were for Gabreski and Tuskegee Airmen.
rochie.jpg

Geo

It seems to be the same kit that was assembling by B-17engineer some time ago. Some of work ahead of you.

many thanks Geo.

i forgot about H building one of those, might get one as its only about £8, the Tamiya kit is almost £30 though i'm sure its a much better kit !

Karl, I agree with Terry. Get yourself the old Monogram kit if you want to keep it inexpensive, but the Tamiya Razorback is sweet. I've just been going through mine getting ready for this group build and the detail and engineering is awesome. Looks even better than P-51 kit.

I've made that kit a couple of times and it is a very decent kit First one I made in high school. the second one I made about 15 years ago. It was one of the first I did with an airbrush, but no weathering.

Attachments

• P2066385.JPG
    P2066385.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 309
  • P4114667.JPG
    P4114667.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 183
The Tamiya P-47 practicly builds itself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back