For schwarzpanzer... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Here is how the Super Stugs might have looked i they were ever produced :)

Attachments

• stugs.JPG
    stugs.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks tomo - but I dont like the look of the chassis on the one at the bottom.;)

I have found an advantage to using the PzIII over the PzIVs though - it's hatches were on the glacis/lower hull border (the 'step'). and the side of the hull - so the superstructure can be an extension of the glacis. Also, I think this may have eliminated the shot-trap from under the mantlet, on the PzIII tank.

One criticism, if I may: Are you planning on using a Tiger turret? - even if the armour was reduced, a big enough ring able to cope could not be mounted, I dont think? Also, it would add more weight. Still, if you draw a line between the top of the mantlet and the top of the glacis at the front, the top of the rear of the turret and the top of the rear plate at the back, then you would have the makings of a great TD.

Anyway, great work! 8)

Nice use of spare tracklinks btw, forgot about that!

No Tiger's turret - that would've been superstructure.

Sure enough - the drawings could've used some tweaking, but this is just from top of my head :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back