FOREST FIRES

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm proud to say that 100 Australian front line firefighters and a similar number of support staff have gone over to BC to help out. I know Canadian firefighters have come here to help in the past, including the Black Saturday fires that killed 173 people.

And yes, some of those fires are started by arsonists which is a disgrace. We even had a case here of a volunteer firefighter setting fires so he could go out and fight his own fires.

I'm proud to say that 100 Australian front line firefighters and a similar number of support staff have gone over to BC to help out. I know Canadian firefighters have come here to help in the past, including the Black Saturday fires that killed 173 people.

And yes, some of those fires are started by arsonists which is a disgrace. We even had a case here of a volunteer firefighter setting fires so he could go out and fight his own fires.

Just heard that there are 80 kiwis up there as well. We've had Canadians down here helping with fire fighting at times as well.

An update from 16 days ago when the wildfire burned 8450 square kms.....now 12,310 square kms lost

bcwildfire.png
bcwildfire.jpg

The US is no better. It is a bad year for North America.

National Interagency Fire Center

Daily statistics 9/15/17
Number of new large fires 10 States currently reporting large fires:
Number of active large fires
Total number includes full suppression and resource managed fires.
Total does not include individual fires within complexes.
California (9)
Idaho (5)
Montana (22)
Nevada (1)
New Mexico (1)
Oregon (14)
South Dakota (2)
Texas (1)
Utah (2)
Washington (8)
Wyoming (1)

Acres from active fires 1,708,661
Fires contained 11
Year-to-date statistics
2017 (1/1/17 - 9/15/17) Fires: 49,399 Acres: 8,378,990

"... It is a bad year for North America."

No 'good' no 'bad' .... just nature. Maybe a bad year for humans ... but that is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back