French pre war radial engines colors (Gnome-Rhone 14) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fritz Rauch

Recruit
Dec 1, 2012
Since this is my first post I would like to say hello to everyone : ) Very useful forum and informations I have to say.
Here's my question-does anyone know standards of painting French radial engines in '30s and early '40s? Recently I'm working on Marcel Bloch MB.200 Armée de l'Air 1/72 KP Models-here's the thread-unfortunately in Polish only :
Modelarstwo z pasj
I have an aspiration to make most correct MB.200's model as far as kit is allowing . I bought Vector Gnome Rhone 14K engines painted them, placed pushing rods and so on-and found out afterwards that engines on the pictures don't appear to be whole in natural metal or silver. It seems they are rather in grey with cylinders in black. What could be that shade of grey ?

Thank You-yes I was having doubts looking at the blueish color because it looks like after war restoration without considering the proper shade. Second one looks more convincing-could it be something between FS26440/36440 or FS34226-according to this thread about french interiors ?
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-markings-camouflage/french-interior-colors-32379.html
Bloch's interior as You can see is already done but I'm still trying to figure way of mounting MAC 1934 guns inside so any additional drawings would be very welcomed : )

I think the blueish tone is essentially due to bad lighting and bad color balance when shooting. The second one is OK (picture is mine !) and FS 36440 should be convenient.

Note that cylinders and cylinders heads are matt black, rocker tubes and rocker covers are glossy - and induction pipes too .

Regards

Thank You again-is there any chance that You know name of the propeller used with Gnome-Rhone 14?

Here is an interior drawing for th Bloch 200

mb20doc.jpg

Propellers were... Gnome-Rhône propellers, 3 blades fixed pitch. Color was natural (aluminium).

Regards

Alain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back