Future New Releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Here's a short list of some future releases that caught my eye on the Hannant's web-site. They're in no particular order, and there are no prices available yet, but they might be of interest to some of you.

Revell 1/32nd scale Bf109F (ex- Hasegawa, or the old Revell kit?)
Revell 1/48th scale C47, 60th anniversary, Berlin Air Lift.
SAM Publications book, DH Mosquito FB VI
SAM Publications book, P51 Part 1
SAM Publications book, P51 Part 2
Hobby Boss 1/48th scale Grumman Avenger Mk1, FAA
Eduard 1/48th scale NA P51B Mustang
Eduard 1/48th scale NA B25D Mitchell
Eduard 1/32nd scale Bf109E-1
Eduard 1/32nd scale Bf109E-4
Eduard 1/48th scale F6F-5 Hellcat
MPM 1/48th scale FW190A-6 'Hajo Hermann'.
MPM 1/18th scale NA P51D Mustang (to special order ONLY.)
Hasegawa 1/48th scale P40M warhawk, Finnish Air Force.
Hasegawa 1/32nd scale P40K Warhawk
Eagle Cal 1/32nd scale decals, Bf109G-10 JG51, KG(J)27, JG300
Eagle Cal 1/32nd scale decals Bf109G-10 (Erlas) JG300
Italeri 1/48th scale Reggiane RE2002
Airfix 1/72nd scale Ta152 and FW190A Mistel

This is only a tiny part of the 'Future Releases' catalogue at Hannant's, and you'll notice that some of the above could prove useful for some of the intended/proposed Group Builds.
Hope this is interesting for you all.
Terry.

I agree Cory. If it's the old, late 1960's revell kit, it's not too bad, but not at all brilliant. However, if it's the Hasegawa kit, reboxed, as often happens with Rev/Has, then it'll be good, and much cheaper than the original !

Where the h*ll do you keep a 1/18 Mustang!? :shock:

Hellova question, Lucky...

I can think of a few places you CAN'T keep a 1/18 Mustang:
1) The kitchen table (yeah, explain this one to the lil' woman).
2) The hobby bench in the back bedroom (for obvious reasons).
3) The garage (unless you've cleaned it out...YEAH right, as if that'll ever happen!).
4) The living room (unless you're single AND have no furniture).
5) The workshop in the basement (you *might* get it built, but it'll never leave in one peice).

In a nutshell, I'm thinking a 1/18 Mustang kit is a divorce just waiting to happen. Unless you happen to have a warehaouse handy and/or an understanding woman...

Oh come on, it's obvious where you'd keep a 1/18th Mustang...in a 1/18th hangar of course!!
Actually Dave, that kit might not be that expensive, considering its size, and the fact that it's made by MPM. Not sure, but I THINK I saw something about this awhile back, where it was thought it was about £90 (approx $170 US). OK, a lot of wonga, but have a look at my 'stab' at Airfix, and their still-not- available 1/24th scale Mosquito.
However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was in the region of £200 !!
Museum-only job, me thinks!
Any museum want me to build their kit for them.... please?!!

When I was a kid, I worked my tail off for a 1/48 scale B-29 that was in the window display of a local hobby shop...I thought that model kit was the most beautiful thing in the world. Mom was less than thrilled when I brought it home and man was it a monster when I finished it. Mom let me hang it from the ceiling with heavy fishing line and all was right with the world! (try that with a 1/18 'Stang...lol)

And yep, I saw your Airfix thread and would agree about axing the Mossy for the Ju88 until Airfix gets thier head out of thier arse...

Shelling out over a hundred (or more) for a kit...I hate to sound cheap, but dang...that's alot of money!

The only £100, well almost £100 that I have are the two Royal Class kits, but that different me think, as it's three kits in one of them and two in the other with tons of extras!

The only £100, well almost £100 that I have are the two Royal Class kits, but that different me think, as it's three kits in one of them and two in the other with tons of extras!

Which two Royal Class kits do you have? I've got a Royal Class Fw190 A8/R2 on the "to build" list.

I'm with you on that one Wayne. I saw it announced in a German ad in a British modelling mag (!) a few months back, and thought Hmmm...about time I did another Emil in that scale, the old Matchbox one dates from the '70's!
Can't be certain of course, but Hannant's normally announce forthcoming stuff when it aint far away. I'll see if I can find out more via the Company in the ad. Eduard - should be good!

A mate of mine did, about 20 odd years ago. It's back out in a Revell box now, isn't it? About £15....did you see that Airfix? FIFTEEN POUNDS!!!! Sorry, I'll shut up and go to bed now!!!

do we really need yet more 109s there are plenty of other subjects out there that have not been modeled yet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back