Future New Releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Anywho Welcome Bill.

What scale/gauge and era/location are you into Bill?

Personally I have dabbled with 00 and N, British stuff of course

Cheers. Heinz"

Dear Heinz

I model in HO scale. My home layout isn't much. It is snap track on four 4x8 sheets of plywood in a "C". Most of my modeling is at a nearby club layout, the Kalamazoo Model Railroad Historical Society. The web site is www.kmrhs.org It is a fictional (Cooper Park Eastern) railroad somewhere in Michigan set in 1960.

From 1988 to 1984, I worked on a real tourist railroad. I was qualified as trainman, fireman, engineer, and conductor. The railroad was the Kalamazoo, Lake Shore, Chicago (KLS&C). I ran passenger (tourist), dinner, and freight trains. I engineered GP-7s, FP-7A, and E-8A diesels. If you google KLS&C you can find many pictures of the equipment.

Well, take care on the other side!

Bill G.

From Airfix today:

"We do not currently have a 1:48 Lightning in the range, however we do keep a record of all customer requests and suggestions, which we do take into consideration when planning all future releases and I do think it is likely we will be doing one."

Airfix have now released there cranberry B2/20 looks good .BB

Just a quick update of future releases seen on the Hannant's web-site, no dates or prices yet I'm afraid.
Airfix 1/48th scale A.W. Sea Vixen.
ICM "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" ""
Eduard 1/48th scale E.E, LIGHTNING F6 (Lucky take note!)
Trumpeter 1/24th scale P51B/C Mustang.
There was also a 1/32nd scale Grumman Intruder, I think Trump or Academy, and a 1/18th scale (!!) Dauntless! Afraid I got interupted and had to leave the site before completing my search, but anyone interested can visit the Hannant's site and look under 'Future Releases'. There were also quite a few other interesting bits in different scales.
Cheers,
Terry.

I think it was about £29.99 BT - I seem to recall one price being shown, but as I mentioned, I was in a rush, and many of the items, spread across at least 20 pages, didn't announce a price. The Airfix Mossie is STILL shown as a future release, only 6 months late so far, and now at £130 !!

Ouch! to both of those. Would probably still but the Venom just to feed my FAA fetish though. What scale is that Mossie? I'd be wanting 1/24th, rubber tyres, resin and half a ton of PE for that many groats! :shock:

BT, the Airfix Mosquito is a FBVI, 1/24th scale, and their release info, from mid 2008, states that it is the most accurate kit yet, with nearly all panels removable, full detailing etc etc. I had pre-ordered it, when it was announced at £80, but cancelled on principal when Airfix raised the price by so much. However, IF it eventually appears, I might relent, but I hope it DOESN'T have rubber tyres, as they are normally bl**dy awful and, even when carefully painted, never look totally convincing.
Darn! Lost connection as i was about to add something!
For that price, I would also NOT expect to see PE or resin parts. I always, perhaps wrongly in the eyes of some, see these 'extras' as a way of correcting defiincies in the kit parts which, to an extent I can agree with. But, at this huge scale, the kit parts should be worthy enough, or at least provide a very good basis for additional scratch-building to taste, instead of what I see as cheque-book DIY!
I mean, come on! I've got a 1/24th scale plan for the Mossies, and in that scale it's bl**dy massive! If moulding tools can't be produced, with 'today's technology', to cope with the engineering/ component parts required, then it shouldn't be priced as high. Also, in that scale, any reasonably competent modeller should be able to make his/her own additions fairly simply; after all, it certainly won't be a kit for a beginner or novice.
Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox now!

BT, the Airfix Mosquito is a FBVI, 1/24th scale, and their release info, from mid 2008, states that it is the most accurate kit yet, with nearly all panels removable, full detailing etc etc. I had pre-ordered it, when it was announced at £80, but cancelled on principal when Airfix raised the price by so much. However, IF it eventually appears, I might relent, but I hope it DOESN'T have rubber tyres, as they are normally bl**dy awful and, even when carefully painted, never look totally convincing.
Darn! Lost connection as i was about to add something!
For that price, I would also NOT expect to see PE or resin parts. I always, perhaps wrongly in the eyes of some, see these 'extras' as a way of correcting defiincies in the kit parts which, to an extent I can agree with. But, at this huge scale, the kit parts should be worthy enough, or at least provide a very good basis for additional scratch-building to taste, instead of what I see as cheque-book DIY!
I mean, come on! I've got a 1/24th scale plan for the Mossies, and in that scale it's bl**dy massive! If moulding tools can't be produced, with 'today's technology', to cope with the engineering/ component parts required, then it shouldn't be priced as high. Also, in that scale, any reasonably competent modeller should be able to make his/her own additions fairly simply; after all, it certainly won't be a kit for a beginner or novice.
Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox now!

Here, here, Terry! Well said. For that much money, once built, I want the model to be able to clean the house, and get gas for the car. On the subject of new kits, I was on Trumpeter's site today and saw that they are coming out with a Backfire-B in 1/72. This must be a new kit, as it has 400 pieces (that's what it said - ouch!), and not a reissue of the old ESCI kit. That was pretty much it as far as info - no price, no picture of the parts, etc. Now if they'd only do an accurate Blinder, at a reasonable price - Okay, this is Trumpeter, I'll settle for just an accurate Blinder.

Venganza

I must admit I haven't ventured into resin or PE as yet, but I think it is horses for courses. I see your point about a 1/24 scale kit being able to stand on it's own merits, but then some bits of 1/700 scale ships (like cage masts) seem impossible without PE, and photos I have seen suggest that resin is a good medium for one-piece hulls. Not that I'd pay a few hundred quid for a 1/700 battleship, or anything else for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back