Future New Releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with you BT. I'm not decrying PE or resin parts, as sometimes they are the only way to replicate small, or fine items, particularly in smaller scales, and certainly for ship models etc. PE, in particular, is a great way to produce parts that would be virtually impossible to make to scale in plastic, although I personally think they are a little over-priced, as they are relatively simple to produce and, if the market is big enough for a particular company, the sales figures should warrant a lower price.
But, I do sometimes think that SOME modellers ar more assembly-line operatives, putting together a series of ready-scaled and part assembled components, using an airbrush with modern coatings, where a paint brush would have done the job, and ending up with a beautiful model, more through skill in assembly techniques rather than any true creative skills.
Some of the modellers here, such as Wayne and Wojtek, are what I consider true modellers; able to make their own correctly sized/scaled components, scratch-build where required etc, and turn out a model equally as good as, or better, then the 'techno-model' that seems to be becoming the accepted norm. Nothing wrong with the latter in some ways, but, to me, I might as well buy a ready made die cast, or display model - I wouldn't have got the satisfaction of knowing it was ALL my own work.
Second soap box now broken up for firewood - or scratch-building!

Nothing wrong with a good soapbox Terry, I've got dozens of 'em :lol:

The example of ship models sprang to mind because they are a thing I have tried several times in the past and would desperately like to find a talent for. They can also be a fantastic example you 'assembly-line' style of work. While I have the utmost respect for the motor skills of folks who build 1/700 scale minesweepers, what interests me much more is the guys who build battleships in 1/350 or 1/700 and make them come to life in dioramas and with figures, even in such tiny scales. Unfortunately, the period that most interests me (American Civil War to WWI) is served almost exclusively by the tech-model makers. They look beautiful even before they are built, but I will not be shelling out $400 dollars for one I'm afraid. Having said that, there is a Russian firm called Combrig who make some very nice kits at the very upper end of my price rang (forty-fifty quid-ish). Of course, I would knock out a few Airfix Belfasts before committing to that kind of cash 8) :lol:

Airfix AX10106 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 DH Sea Vixen £29.99
Special Hobby SH48048 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Bristol Beaufort Mk.
Special Hobby SH48056 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Fairey Battle Mk.I
Special Hobby SH48063 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 S2F Tracker
Special Hobby SH48064 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 E-1B Tracer
Special Hobby SH48065 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 E-2 Hawkeye
Tamiya TA61105 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Avro Lancaster B Mk.I/III
Eduard EDK1134 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 EE Lightning F.6
Hasegawa HA09845 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Arado Ar 234C-3
Zvezda ZVE4805 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 LA-5 Soviet fighter
Special Hobby SH48077 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martin 167 Maryland
Trumpeter TU02829 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Douglas DC-3 Dakota
Airfix AX10104 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 BAC Canberra B-57B/RB-57E/RB-57G
Hasegawa HA09791 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 F6F-3N Night Hellcat VMF(N)-543
AZ Models AZM48013 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Vultee Vengeance Mk.I
Mirage MIR81104 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martlet Mk.III
Mirage MIR81105 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martlet Mk.II "Operaytion Torch"
Mirage MIR81107 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 FM-1 Wildcat Mk.V "North Atlantic"
MPM MPM48062 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Heinkel He 177A5 'Captured'
MPM MPM48063 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Heinkel He 177A3
MPM MPM48064 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 DH Sea Vixen FAW.1
Dragon DN5548 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Focke Wulf Ta 152C-0
Classic Airframe CF4136 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Fairey Gannet AEW

Who hasn't? You're spot on old chap, instead for waiting for Airfix to re-release their Lightnings, I'll indeed sample the Eduard one old sport, depends on price of course! :lol:

Airfix AX10106 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 DH Sea Vixen £29.99
Special Hobby SH48056 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Fairey Battle Mk.I
Special Hobby SH48063 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 S2F Tracker
Special Hobby SH48064 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 E-1B Tracer
Eduard EDK1134 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 EE Lightning F.6
Special Hobby SH48077 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martin 167 Maryland
AZ Models AZM48013 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Vultee Vengeance Mk.I
Mirage MIR81104 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martlet Mk.III
Mirage MIR81105 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Martlet Mk.II "Operaytion Torch"
Mirage MIR81107 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 FM-1 Wildcat Mk.V "North Atlantic"
MPM MPM48064 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 DH Sea Vixen FAW.1
Classic Airframe CF4136 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases 1:48 Fairey Gannet AEW

Sign me up for that lot as well mate :lol: 8)

Just spotted some interesting Future Releases on the Hannant's web site, all from Master Box. No dates or prices yet I'm afraid.
1/32nd scale Luftwaffe Flight and Ground personnel.
1/32nd scale RAF " " " "
1/32nd scale USAAF " " " "
1/32nd scale Russian " " " "
1/32nd scale Japanese " " " "
The first three will ceratainly be welcomed by me, as this scale of figure are as rare as rocking horse poo!
Also by the same company, and no doubt welcome to armour and diorama builders, again from Master Box.
All 1/35th scale.
Horsa Mk1 Glider with British Paratroop figures.
Horsa Mk1 Glider with US Paratroop figures.
Douglas C47 with British Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
Douglas C47 with US Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
Junkers JU52/3M with Luftwaffe Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
These certainly sound impressive, and should be rather large! I think a certain Norwegian gentleman might very well have an interest in the last item listed!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooo.... how did you know that it would interest me..jumping in my seat here..oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

of to hannants to preorder if possible..hehe

Thought you'd like those Guttorm. I bet that JU52 will look good (and the Dakota), and now there's an aircraft model to match the scale of all the 1/35th figures and vehicles - great!

I've only seen pics of it, and it looked beaut. But, as I haven't got a barn, or even a big enough room, it's one I don't think I'll be doing!

The Hurricane was impressive enough in 24th scale, the P-47 must be a whopper
The upside is, if you forgot to do some fine detailing in the cockpit, you could probably just get in and finish it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back