Future New Releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would love to have the space for large scale models. I'm actually thinking of moving down to 1/72nd soon cos I really don't have the space for much 1/48 at the moment. I have a 1/32 Sea Venom and a 1/144 Boeing 767 in the stash that aren't getting built simply because I don't have anywhere to put them, even my 1/72 Do217 will be looking for a home when it finally gets finished

I know the feeling, VB, add to that moving alot aswell...I always end up giving them away, or just making them for others outright.

yeah, that's a pain. There are always at least one or two where you think 'I wish I still had that one!' Especially if the kit(s) is no longer available.

Hopefully I will be in a place with more space in the not-too-distant future, then I will be able to get cracking on that Sea Venom :lol:

I am also flirting with the idea of trying some 1/700 and/or 1/350 scale ships - it's a double win for me as they don't take up much space and I'm a naval history geek to boot 8) Does anyone have any recommendations for good beginners kits and/or forums on the subject? I have spent a lot of time looking at steelnavy.com for reviews and build galleries, but they don't have much of a forum to follow what is going on in the hobby...

Hannants never seem to have the damn thing in stock or i would have one i have got the big mossie on order tho due for release in october hoho.BB

I'm looking forward to seeing that Mossie. It was due last August, then October, then December! I doubt I'll buy one though; I canncelled my order on principal when Airfix made such a big price rise. But, I might be tempted at some future stage....if I can knock a wall down and build a hangar on the side of the house!!

Just spotted some interesting Future Releases on the Hannant's web site, all from Master Box. No dates or prices yet I'm afraid.
1/32nd scale Luftwaffe Flight and Ground personnel.
1/32nd scale RAF " " " "
1/32nd scale USAAF " " " "
1/32nd scale Russian " " " "
1/32nd scale Japanese " " " "
The first three will ceratainly be welcomed by me, as this scale of figure are as rare as rocking horse poo!
Also by the same company, and no doubt welcome to armour and diorama builders, again from Master Box.
All 1/35th scale.
Horsa Mk1 Glider with British Paratroop figures.
Horsa Mk1 Glider with US Paratroop figures.
Douglas C47 with British Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
Douglas C47 with US Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
Junkers JU52/3M with Luftwaffe Paratroop and ground personnel figures.
These certainly sound impressive, and should be rather large! I think a certain Norwegian gentleman might very well have an interest in the last item listed!!

Am I to take it that the Horsa, C-47 and Ju-52 are all in 35th scale?! Say it ain't so Terry! It's bad enough that armor's been irretrievably taken over by that wretched offscale, now they want to ruin our aircraft too! That is simply not right. This plague must be stopped now before it spreads. Pretty soon all the planes will be 1/76th scale, also! Nooo!!! I'm getting out my poison pen right now to write a very fair and balanced e-mail to those b*****ds at Master Box.

Venganza

Yep,'fraid so! Although it's great to have some relevant aircraft to go with the 1/35th scale vehicles etc, I hope it doesn't set a trend for a change of scale! I doubt it will of course. It's just a shame the the Japanese manufactutrers, Tamiya mainly I guess, won the 'battle' for armoured vehicle model scales with 1/35th forty something years ago. Up until then, the (relatively) few kits were in 1/32nd, which matched available 'toy' soldiers of the time. It was (probably) only the shear numbers of kits released in 1/35th that caused the 'take over', which still doesn't make sense, as vehicles and figures in 1/32nd would be much better, with both being available to use alongside aircraft models, pleasing three classes of modeller in one go!

I'm looking forward to seeing that Mossie. It was due last August, then October, then December! I doubt I'll buy one though; I canncelled my order on principal when Airfix made such a big price rise. But, I might be tempted at some future stage....if I can knock a wall down and build a hangar on the side of the house!!

I'm in the same boat , while space isn't a problem the 300 odd price tag is

Maybe Il just steal one....

Yep,'fraid so! Although it's great to have some relevant aircraft to go with the 1/35th scale vehicles etc, I hope it doesn't set a trend for a change of scale! I doubt it will of course. It's just a shame the the Japanese manufactutrers, Tamiya mainly I guess, won the 'battle' for armoured vehicle model scales with 1/35th forty something years ago. Up until then, the (relatively) few kits were in 1/32nd, which matched available 'toy' soldiers of the time. It was (probably) only the shear numbers of kits released in 1/35th that caused the 'take over', which still doesn't make sense, as vehicles and figures in 1/32nd would be much better, with both being available to use alongside aircraft models, pleasing three classes of modeller in one go!

Aha! So it's all Tamiya's fault! When I'm King, everything is going to be in 1/72nd, 1/48th or 1/32nd scale, as God intended. By the way, I did send an e-mail to Master Box. I doubt it'll do any good, but it made me feel better. I even did it without using obscenities or physical threats, instead using sweet reason. So in other words, it has absolutely no chance of making any difference whatsoever.

Venganza

yes i was a bit p**sed at the price hike but as its a ltd edition i thought i had better get one .BB

Limited? It's bl**dy non-existant!!
Yep, I can (vaguely) remember the outcry at the time this odd scale of 1/35th was introduced. Those that built the (then) larger scale of armour and military vehicles, 'larger' being bigger than the then fairly common 1/48th scale (see, nothing new in 1/48th scale military vehicles!), were happy with their kits from,IIRC Revell and a few others, including Airfix at the time. They all thought that the 1/35th 'thing' would either be a flash in the pan, or would co-exist with the 'established' 1/32nd scale kits. I seem to recall that, even as late as around 1978, Italieri (now Italeri) and Esci had some very nice, and diverse, 1/32nd soft skin vehicles, ideal for aircraft dioramas etc.
But, as we all know, 1/35th seems to rule the roost. There's nothing wring with that I suppose, and I guess those new aircraft are aimed squarely at the 1/35th armour builders, for diorama use etc, which is good. But why oh why can't some manufactuers bring out 1/32nd stuff again? After all,the 'civilian' car models are still popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back