future ww2 1/32 models trumpeter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

piet

Senior Airman
Aug 27, 2009
2010/2011

Bf 109 series: Bf 109E-3, Bf 109E-4/Trop, Bf 109E-7/Trop, Bf 109F-4/Trop, Bf 109G-2,G-6,G-10, Bf 109K-4

Ju 87 Stuka series: Ju 87A, B-2, D-2, D-5, G-7, Ju 87R :p

IL-2 Sturmovik single seat, IL-2M straight wing, IL-2M3 with the swept wing :p

Spitfire series: Mk.Vb, Mk.IX, Mk.24

Jeezuz
you wait 15 years for a Spitfire Mk IX and then three come along at once :)

I don't think there's ever been a better time to be an LSP modeller though

Last edited:
Thanks Piet. Yep, intersting stuff. But, more '109's and Spits - where's the Tempest, a new Typhoon, a new P38 and those others forgotten for so long? It's taken nearly 40 years for someone to produce a new Hurricane in 1/32nd scale - incredible, and probably only due to the 70th anniversary of the BoB next year.

Just think of this there have been more than a few at LSP asking for a P61 in 1/32 now that would be sweet talk about big :shock:Kevin

Hopefully, it'll be OK Cory. I just see so many reports of inaccurate shape or other problems on Trumpeter kits, it puts me off - especially with their very high prices on some of their kits which don't seem to warrant it. That said, I'll probably be getting their new 1/48th scale Vampire.

Absolutely. They're not cheap (I got this one at a model show for $45 IIRC as opposed to $130), and for instance their 1/32 F4U-1 was not very good. Some parts of it were complete garbage, and it had a floor, and the cowling flaps looked quite bad. It's good to be leery of them.

Yep, their EE Lightning kits are around £100 in the UK, and while reasonable in shape and outline, they're fairly basic, more like a 1970s Revell kit. And their way over-priced 1/48th scale C-47 and 1/32nd scale P-51B have shape problems and other inaccuracies. Always puzzles me why companies like this, with 'relatively' cheap production costs in that part of the world, can't turn out excellent kits, at realistic prices, like some of the recent Revell 1/32nd scale releases.

The 1/32 Arado196..Awesome I am as you know doing a 1/24 bf109g-2. I am no expert,but it seems accurate. You tell me.I do love how easy the plastic is to work with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back